Friday, December 4, 2015

~Trumpeting Angel~

 
Hello Blogger friends and a happy Friday to you all. Another weekend is upon us. And with Christmas just around the corner it will be a busy one.

I have not started decorating as yet and that is part of my weekend plan as well as finishing up my Christmas cards. Each year I way I am going to make Christmas cards all year and then I will have a selection at Christmas. But, somehow that never happens. Can you relate (lol)???

I have some stamping friends coming over tomorrow to work on our Christmas cards. It will be a fun day so I hope it's also a productive one as well. I really need to do some clean and simple cards but that style is a bit challenging for me. Probably need to peruse Pinterest a bit and see what I can find for some ideas.

Now onto my card for today. This is one I made for the color challenge #549 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and the color trio I chose was lost lagoon, silver and white.



My background die is from Cheery Lynn Designs - the Arabian Nights cutting plate, and I cut it in lost lagoon. My trumpeting angel is a die from Impression Obsession. I cut her once in silver and then in lost lagoon. I offset ever so slightly.

She is framed in a Spellbinders labels 28 die. The "peace" word is a die from Paper Trey Ink. I finished by adding a small bow and some stars scattered over the background die cut. 

Well, that's it for me for today Blogger friends. Have to get started with my day. So until next time........God bless.

card details:
Paper: whisper white, lost lagoon, silver (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: Arabian Nights die (Cherry Lynn Designs), Labels 28 (Spellbinders), holiday words die (PaperTreyInk), starry die (Verve), Angel (impression Obsession), lost lagoon ribbon (Stampin'-Up) 

I am also entering: 
1.  Creative Knockouts has a tis the season challenge.
2.  DL.Art thankful Thursday challenge is Christmas.
3.  Scrap & Craft has an anything Christmas challenge.
4.  Addicted to Stamps and more has a holiday challenge.
5.  Double Click Skittles has a Christmas or blue & white challenge. My card fits both.
6.  Fresh Brewed Designs has a Christmas challenge. 

11 comments:

  1. Like the Angel & framing of this wonderful card. Thank you for entering DLART Christmas challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    DLART Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful color combination Mary! and lovely die cuts! Have fun stamping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. I like how you added the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, have a lovely crafting day with your friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty for the holiday season. Thank you for joining our “Christmas” Challenge this week at DoubleClick Skittles.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    DoubleClick Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and peaceful. I love the color combo and all of the layers you used. Thank you for joining the DL.ART December Linky Challenge. Katie-DL.ART-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, Mary. I really like the intricate die cut and the lovely color combination. Thanks for playing along at ATSM's Holiday Challenge. Merry Christmas! Melissa - ATSM DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. I love the colors and dies you used. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful...love your sweet angel!
    Thanks for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles.

    Kim
    Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooooo pretty! I love the colors, you nailed it! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails