Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Peek of new Set


Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Hope your Easter celebration was a good one.

We had such a fantastic service at church on Sunday. Our worship team was just superb. We did something really different for one part of the service today.

A woman in our congregation, who happens to be an artist, did a painting during one of the songs. The painting was related to a scripture from Revelation 22 1:7. This scripture refers to the river of life and the tree of life.
She did this outstanding painting depicting this theme. As she painted the scripture was read. Then our worship team started playing. It was such an incredible experience for our Easter service.

We had dinner here at my home and my husband's family + a young couple from church joined us. I was very pleased with how my meal turned out.
I made a ham and basted it with a new glaze recipe I found. For the glaze I used brown sugar, real maple syrup and Dijon mustard.

Then with the leftover glaze, I added crushed pineapple & cornstarch and heated it until it thickened. I served it with the ham. I loved the taste and so did my guests.

We also had a potato & cheese casserole, asparagus with mushrooms in a vinaigrette sauce, carrots with a brown sugar glaze and a fresh fruit salad.
Our dessert was carrot cake. It was all yummy and we even had leftovers for dinner tonight.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #370 on Splitcoaststampers.

I am the hostess again this week and I chose the colors of tangerine tango, daffodil delight and old olive. Since this is such a bright color palette, I chose to use a daffodil image. 

The image is a soon to be released set from Marks Finest Papers - "daffodil greetings".  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.

I cut it out with an oval Spellbinders die. My background designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "attic boutique" collection. The middle rectangle panels are old olive designer paper. On the longest rectangle layer, I added a scallop border in tangerine tango.

My ribbon is from Offray and for the center I used a Stampin-Up antique brad. My card layout is an older one from the Sweet Stop Sketch blog #106.  

The challenge over there is to pick one of the older sketches for your card. It's their 3rd anniversary celebration. I left off a sentiment because I am not sure how I will be using this yet.

Well, that's it for me. So until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.   Cupcake Craft Challenges has a "spring is in the air" challenge.
2Karen's Doodles has a "something spring" challenge.
3That Craft Place blog has an "all about spring" challenge.
4Creations by Gill M. has a color inspiration photo challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love all those scallops. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work:) Thanks for joing us this week at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW your Easter sounds fabulous. You have my mouth watering, I'll have to bake a carrot cake SOON. LOL!
    Your card is gorgeous! Our weather was glorious yesterday. The daffodils started blooming with joy. Today was comfortable but overcast with a forcast of rain, those daffodils sure brightened my day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful service Mary! Your card is beautiful...love those daffodils :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness is this Ever Beautiful! 8-) Love your Pretty Daffodils and the great color combo and dp's! Fantastic take on SSS #106! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary another pretty card you colour so well they are gorgeous Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Mary. Such a pretty image and I love the colors. The oval looks great and the ribbon is just perfect. Thank you for playing with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, very pretty card! Your colors are lovely and the scalloped piece is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely, Thanks for joining us at KD :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Fabulous colouring and design layout. Its stunning!!

    Thank you for joining our 'Spring' challenge at That Craft Place. Please come back and join us again soon :O)

    Inky Hugs

    Dawn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used these bright colors! The daffodil image is gorgeous! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Mary !! Love the colors and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous spring card, thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.


    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabby, thank you for taking part in my challenge this month at CBGM

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card...thanks for entering our CBGM design color challenge! You did a great job!
    Naomi
    Creations by CBGM
    Design Team!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails