Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dogwood Blossoms

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. We have had such beautiful sunny days for the past 4-5 days. Warm days and cool nights are such perfect spring days. I am lovin' it I tell ya!!

Lat night we went to see the Beauty and the Beast musical. The traveling show is in Pittsburgh for 5 days. I purchased the tickets a couple of months ago and we had fantastic seats. My husband really liked the show as well.

Funny story and a mix up: My friend saw the Lion King in New York a few years ago. She told me the costumes and music were incredible and if I could ever go to do it.
So, I get this email about Beauty and the Beast coming to Pittsburgh. I was being offered the chance to buy tickets in advance of the general public.
Of course I jumped on the opportunity. Don't know how I got confused but I am thinking this is the show that Tracey mentioned to go and see.
So I buy the tickets and only after they arrived in the mail did I realize the mix-up. She said Lion King not Beauty and the Beast (lol). Too funny!!
Needless to say I wasn't really excited about going but after seeing the show I was so glad I did.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the sketch challenge #379 on Splitcoaststampers. Taylor was our hostess and she provided a great layout for us.

My image & sentiment are from the dogwood blossoms set from Marks Finest Papers.

I stamped my dogwood image in calypso coral ink and then did some fussy cutting. I popped it up on the center panel for dimension.

My card base is Stampin-Up's pool party and the designer paper is from the "everyday enchantment" collection. The middle panel is calypso coral designer paper.

My pennants are cut from a Spellbinders die in pool party party. That completes this card.

Time also to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time.........God bless.

Some other challenges:
14 Crafty Chicks has a flowers challenge.
2 SJ Crafts blog has a 1,2,3 challenge. I used 1 stamp set for image and sentiment, 2 patterned papers, 3 flag pennants and 3 flowers.
3Crafty Creations has a "signs of spring" challenge. Dogwood blossoms are a definite sign of spring.
4.  Simon Says Stamp wants us to use our favorite tool. I love all the Spellbinders dies. I used the pennant die on this card.
5Great Impressions Blog has a lots of flowers challenge.

18 comments:

  1. Wow! Mary, this card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our flower challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card! Love the color combo, sounds like the musical was a wonderful night out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mary! Dogwoods are one of my favorite trees. I used to have several in my yard in Tennessee. They always heralded spring and the awesome Dogwood Arts Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing with Flowers for our challenge this week. Your card is just beautiful. Lovely take on that sketch and I really like the colours.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the story about the show tickets! Lol, it sounds like something I would do. :)

    Your card is so pretty! Love that dogwood stamp.

    Thanks for joining the challenge at Great Impressions!

    Hope you have a great day!

    Deloris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, this is so lovely! Love that image and your beautiful card.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Mary! The colors are so yummy, and I love this layout! What a cute story about the ticket mix-up! Beauty and the Beast is wonderful, too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YOu lucky girl I'd love to see Beauty and the Beast.
      Brilliant card. Never get tired of those dogwood blossoms.
      Hugs

      Delete
  8. What a lovely card. Very spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image and love the colors! Your cutting skills are wonderful!!
    I love Beauty and the Beast! A local community theater group perform this a few years ago and I took my girls. I think I enjoyed it every bit as much as they did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what awesome colours and a love love love those 3 flags on the left! thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card thanks for joining our challenge at S J Crafts this month.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card. Thanks for sharing. Gloria

    Visit my blog – Would love to have new members.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure how my comment showed up as a reply but there it is.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on winning the Lots of Flowers challenge at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, Mary! Just saw your card on the Great Impressions Stamps blog...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my fave cards of the Great Impressions Stamps Challenge!! So happy you won! Hope you come back and play this month with "Anything Goes".

    http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Mary! Congrats on your wins.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails