Thursday, April 5, 2012
Lat night we went to see the Beauty and the Beast musical. The traveling show is in Pittsburgh for 5 days. I purchased the tickets a couple of months ago and we had fantastic seats. My husband really liked the show as well.
Funny story and a mix up: My friend saw the Lion King in New York a few years ago. She told me the costumes and music were incredible and if I could ever go to do it.
So, I get this email about Beauty and the Beast coming to Pittsburgh. I was being offered the chance to buy tickets in advance of the general public.
Of course I jumped on the opportunity. Don't know how I got confused but I am thinking this is the show that Tracey mentioned to go and see.
So I buy the tickets and only after they arrived in the mail did I realize the mix-up. She said Lion King not Beauty and the Beast (lol). Too funny!!
Needless to say I wasn't really excited about going but after seeing the show I was so glad I did.
sketch challenge #379 on Splitcoaststampers. Taylor was our hostess and she provided a great layout for us.
My image & sentiment are from the dogwood blossoms set from Marks Finest Papers.
I stamped my dogwood image in calypso coral ink and then did some fussy cutting. I popped it up on the center panel for dimension.
My card base is Stampin-Up's pool party and the designer paper is from the "everyday enchantment" collection. The middle panel is calypso coral designer paper.
My pennants are cut from a Spellbinders die in pool party party. That completes this card.
Time also to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time.........God bless.
Some other challenges:
1. 4 Crafty Chicks has a flowers challenge.
2. SJ Crafts blog has a 1,2,3 challenge. I used 1 stamp set for image and sentiment, 2 patterned papers, 3 flag pennants and 3 flowers.
3. Crafty Creations has a "signs of spring" challenge. Dogwood blossoms are a definite sign of spring.
4. Simon Says Stamp wants us to use our favorite tool. I love all the Spellbinders dies. I used the pennant die on this card.
5. Great Impressions Blog has a lots of flowers challenge.