Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hey Cowboy

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Ran a few errands today and picked up my new glasses and did some clothes shopping.

I am pleased with the new frames. Sometimes you pick out the frame and then when you get them you're not so sure. But that wasn't he case this time. Good thing- glasses are so expensive even with insurance coverage and you have to keep them for at least a year.

As for the clothes shopping, I just picked up a few new tops and a pair of slacks. It's been awhile since I went shopping. But, it's always fun to get new clothes. Don't ya think??

Well onto my card for today. This one I made for the sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers. Korin was our hostess and she provided a super easy layout to work into a card.

I used the cowboy image & sentiment from the Marks Finest Papers set "hey cowboy". The sentiment I stamped on some rick rack that I die-cut.

I stamped in chocolate chip ink and then used a pumpkin marker for his lasso. I wanted to give it a little color since I chose not to color the image.

My card background is done with Stampin-Up's pacific point designer paper. I added a pacific point corduroy button and some twine to resemble a lasso. Punched some stars and that's my card.

It's late and time to close this post. So until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge wants us to use animals.
2.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Crafty Boots has a "no girls allowed" challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Fab card, I love the cowboy image and your backing papers. Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image AND card! This will be great fir any guy. Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, fabulous 'mans' card love the DP. Great to see you at CRAFT challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Sheryl (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yee Haw! Love all things western.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary what a super image fabulous card so many lovely details well done , you have been making stunning cards lately Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this image, Mary! What a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenges this week with your great card.

    Good luck

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cowboy card Mary - love the blues! so glad you arrived safely and are now enjoying Phoenix Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fabulous Mary, absolutely love it.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the twine lasso on this! The patterns and colors are so fun too! I think you need to post a pic of your updated look!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails