Monday, February 28, 2011

sympathy card

My second card is one I made for Thursday's

"ways to use it challenge" on Splitcoaststampers.  Kim, our hostess, challenged us to use gray as our neutral color instead of white or vanilla.  

She gave us some tips. (suggestions)

1. grey is typically a masculine color but can be pretty when adding girly elements to it
2. silver is another option
3. add a pop of color on a grey base.
4. grey goes with all colors...so play and have fun!

I used gray as my card base and combined it with Stampin-Up's bashful blue designer paper & satin ribbon. I also used basic gray designer paper on the squares.

My flowers are dimensional stickers from k & company. I made this a sympathy card since I have need of a couple.
My layout comes from Wednesdays sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers.

A few other challenges:

1.  Stampin' B's challenge #99 wanted us to use flowers on our creation.
2.  Shelly's images blog wants us to use ribbon on our cards.
3.  The crafty sentiments blog was urging us to think spring.

That's both cards for today. So until next time.......

card recipe:
stamps: pti

paper: su basic gray, bashful blue & basic gray dsp
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: k&co wedding flowers, bashful blue ribbon

9 comments:

  1. I like this card! The colours, the lovely flower, beautiful!
    hugs,
    mero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is super, what lovely colours you have used, Thanks for playing along on Crafty Sentiments this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used these colors! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining our ribbon challenge this week at Shelly's Images. We hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know how I missed seeing this one - but I dearly love it!!! Just beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sympathy card. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Shelly's Images this week in our ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love the texture and blocks. thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that top embossed border -- perfect colors for a sympathy card~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails