Monday, February 28, 2011

birthday balloons

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. We had a great week-end celebrating birthdays. Aidin (middle grandson) had his birthday party on Friday.

We went to a Japanese restaurant where they cook right at your table. The table top is a grill. It is one of Aidin's favorite places to eat.

He recommended the hibachi chicken to me. So that's what I ordered. The waiter does a little showmanship as he is cooking. It added up to a fun evening.

Then on Saturday we celebrated my brother-in-laws 60th birthday. We had dinner together at my niece's home and a good time was had by all. My hubby organized a "roast" and everyone had a story to tell. My brother-in-law loved it.

Today was church and then a laid back kind of day. I was here alone so I made some cards and watched the Pitt basketball game. We lost in overtime to Louisville but it was a good game. We played much better in the second half.

So onto my cards for today. Yes, I am showing 2. My first one is a birthday card that I made for my the color challenge on splitcoaststampers.  Betty, our hostess, chose some great colors- always artichoke, perfect plum and rose red.


I used rose red designer paper  from the Stampin-Up "thoroughly modern" collection. My image is from an old Stampin-Up set “nice & easy notes”. I colored the balloons with prismacolor pencils and gamsol.


The layout is from last week’s sweet Sunday sketch blog. Karen's sketch made it easy to finish my card.
 
card recipe:
stamps: nice & easy notes

paper: su rose red, ww,always artichoke, perfect plum, thoroughly modern dsp
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: circle nesties, cuttlebug folder, prismas & gamsol
techniques: gamsol technique

4 comments:

  1. nice job with both challenges Mary! Your balloons are so perfect for a b'day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the challenges, Mary! This was the perfect stamp to use with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colors and sketch, Mary. Wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This type of sketch scares me -- you did a fabulous job --love the balloons!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails