Friday, February 4, 2011

because I care

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was a black & gold day everywhere I went in Pittsburgh today. Steeler mania abounds!!

Our Steelers are in the Superbowl this Sunday in Dallas. Although they had 7" of snow there today.

But, their stadium is enclosed so it wont affect anything going on inside the stadium. Everyone I know is planning a Superbowl Sunday party.

We are going over to my son's home and watch the game with them. We will have our Steeler jerseys on and our "terrible towels" to wave. It will be a day of fun, fun, fun!!

The card I am showing today is one that I made for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers. This week our hostess was Julia aka artystamper, and she chose gray, white and river rock. For some reason I had such trouble working these neutrals into a card. 

I decided to make the gray shade my card stock color. The accents are done in white and since I die-cut a daisy I used a green button to cover the river rock requirement. After it was finished I liked the outcome but not colors I would have chosen to use together.

My daisy was cut from designer paper that has text printed in gray. The grey designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "urban garden" collection. I found the white lace in my stash. The sentiment is a rub-on that I also found in my stash.

Some other challenges for this card:

1. The sew many cards blog has an anything goes challenge.

2.  The dutch dare card challenges blog wants us to use buttons on our card.

3.  The sisterhood of crafters has an anything goes challenge

That completed this card. Time to close this post because I am off to watch Aidin play basketball. I am going to take a few photos to post tomorrow.

Until next time........

12 comments:

  1. Well I like how you got all the challenge colors in and your card is beautiful! Make sure and take pictures of all the Steeler finery too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Such a pretty card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Flower is sooo beautiful!
    regards
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors together. That flower is gorgeous.

    By the way, I live in Dallas. I have not left my house since Monday. To much ice. Plus I need a good excuse to stay home and craft.

    Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower is so striking with these colors, Mary!! Have fun at your Super Bowl celebration on Sunday. Go Steelers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary - this is just fab! So elegant in these colo9rs~ Great creation! Have fun at your party tomorrow!! I'll be watching....the commercials! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very classy, Mary! The white lace is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. That color combo is classic and love the crochet ribbon. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower is terrific! very pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at SMC this week. Hope to see you again.:) ~~hugs~~darling Ho~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peggy, this is exquisite and so beautifully done! LOVE the layered flower! These were some gorgeous colors to work with! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a wonderful job using colors you weren't that comfortable with Mary! love your big flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice job Mary! Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Cards this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails