Monday, February 21, 2011

featured stamper card

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Hope you all had a great week-end.

Mine was such a fun one. On Saturday we had our stamp club meeting and we created 6 cards.

Each of us brought a card sample and supplies so it made it easy to get 6 done. I really liked each one that we made.


Ethan with his mvp trophy




Sunday
evening I went to Ethan's basketball 4th grade tournament championship game.

His school won and he was the tournament MVP. I was so proud of him. the final score was 28-17.
He scored 17 points in this game. He was the team high scorer in all 4 games. Plus, he is such an encourager to his teammates.

When I came out of the gym I was surprised to see it snowing. On my 45 minute drive home I also encountered freezing rain. This made it really slick in several areas. I was glad to pull onto my street and into my driveway safe & sound. Thank the Lord!!

The card I am showing today is one that  I made for the featured stamper challenge on splitcoaststampers. This week the honoree was cookie aka stampgroover. She has quite an impressive gallery and has definitely mastered the clean and simple technique.

I chose her ribbon frame card to recreate ala Mary Marsh style. This was my first time trying this technique and I was pleased with how it turned out. You simply use a slot punch and punch out 4 corners and run ribbon through to make a frame.

She used a clock collage stamp as her image and I decided to use a bird stamp. I used a friendship sentiment to complete my card.

A few other challenges:

1.  Aly's Sunday challenge blog has a give support challenge. I made this for a friend to let her know I value her friendship.

2.  The frosted design blog has a no patterned paper challenge.

That's my card for today. So until next time.......

card recipe:
stamps: wings of friendship

paper: su bermuda bay, black, gina k pure luxury white
ink: versafine onyx black
accessories: bermuda bay ribbon
techniques: ribbon frame

19 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home from the game and congrats to Ethan on being named MVP! Great.
    Your card is just fabulous! Love that ribbon treatment too.
    So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Mary, with this fabulous knotted ribbon frame!! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I really love how you used the ribbon to frame your bird!

    Congrats to Ethan! That's super exciting. So glad you have more time for family and crafts these days.

    I have to say, it sounds like we had the exact same weather yesterday. Got about 8" of the fluffy snow after the freezing rain.

    Thanks for taking the challenge at Frosted Designs this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mary,
    you create one time more a beutifull card! I love the stamp and the colours you choose!
    hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it home from the game ok. The Lord was watching over me last week when we missed being in a serious accident by minutes. We didn't even know it until later in the day when my DH saw the report on the internet! It happened less than 10 minutes after we went through. Makes you wonder how many other times the Lord has protected us from harm that we were totally unaware of! Love your card, especially the ribbon frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! I love your ribbon frame...and I think you have mastered it!! I cannot believe this was your first attempt...you are a natural:) I also love the beautiful image and your fabulous color palette.

    Give Ethan a huge high-5 from me!!! Congrats to him for not only winning the tournament, but for being MVP:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this ribbon frame! What a great CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous, Mary!!!! I love the colors you used and the ribbon frame is gorgeous!!!! Congrats to Ethan!!!! How wonderful to be the high scorer for the team...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just gorgeous! It looks so complicated. I'm going to have to try this technique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the knotted ribbon frame, Mary! And congrats to Ethan! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Mary. Love the blue with the black and the ribbon frame. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Mary! such a fabulous card! and I love the knotted ribbon! looks really effective! Congratulations to your little superstar Ethan! We might be hearing your GS name in the future!Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs no PP this week!! xxure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always happy to see a birdie, and what a fine one he is... the ribbon treatment is totally fab as is the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done Mary! The bird is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary! Thank you for your well wishes on my card for PPA this week. It was nice to receive the honor. I want to tell you I love what you have done with the creative :TWIST: on the ribbon on this card. Quite cute I must say! Thanks for stopping in. I hope to see you again.~Hugs Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so beautiful, Mary!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  17. First, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comment. It allowed me hop over and see your blog, and I'm so glad I did. Your cards are beautiful with such style and elegance about them. I viewed several and was very impressed with your work. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that ribbon treatment...will have to try that sometime as it makes a lovely "frame"! Wow, Ethan is quite the athlete! I know you're proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you got to go to Ethan's game and made it home safe. Here in the desert there is no snow so never think about having to be careful driving :) I love your card. The cool ribbon treatment is awesome with that lovely image!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails