Saturday, October 30, 2010

Winter Snowflake

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It is such a beautiful cool fall day here in Pittsburgh.

Our temps dipped really low last night. I don't think that we had frost, but we pulled in some potted plants and covered some others.

Just not ready to let go of what's still blooming yet!!

Aidin (middle grandson) has his final football game this afternoon and I am planning on going. It's about an hours drive for me so I wanted to get my post in early.

My card today is for 3 challenges:

1.  the inspiration challenge on splitcoaststampers took us to the "destiny creations" site. It has such pretty art jewelry. I used this snowflake necklace as my card inspiration.  Instead of silver I used a metallic gold paper for this clean and simple card.

2.  Our daily bread designs blog was giving us a choice of their top 3 challenges- either sparkle, texture or dies or punches.  I used sparkle with my K & Co snowflake.

3.  The creative cottage blog challenged us to use embossing. I used the cuttlebug embossing folder "flourished frame" on my Christmas card.

4.  The paper garden blog wants to see our holiday cards. This is another one that will go into my stash for Christmas.

Well, my card requires no more description since I did that above with all the challenges I put this one in. I am off to go see Aidin play football. God Bless and see you after church tomorrow

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! Such wonderful, sparkly goodness. This really is lovely - rich and elegant.

    Thanks for playing along with the Paper Garden Projects challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination of challenges! Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card, Mary...your red and green snowflakes are gorgeous and I love the embossed *frame*!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Christmas card Mary!! I just love your embossing and your glittery snowflakes. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is so gorgeous and just perfection, Mary! Beautifully elegant in its simplicity! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Mary, love the elegtant feel you've achieved
    Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! This is ultimate elegance and SOOO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this is so beautiful!! Love the idea of putting that Poinsettia in that frame. Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embossing on your card and a wonderful choice of colours! Thank you so much for joining in the fun at The Creative Cottage this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails