Tuesday, October 26, 2010

heartfelt sympathy

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was a rainy, damp day here in Pittsburgh. One of those days that a nice, hot bowl of soup is so comforting.

I was at a taste sampling of various foods at a local store on Friday night.  I tried this really delicious soup. It was an apple rutabaga cream based soup.

To be honest I had never tasted a rutabaga before, and I didn't even know what one looked like.

After I sampled the soup, I knew it was on my list of to-dos. So I made it today and it met with rave reviews from my husband as well.

Besides the rutabaga, it also had apple, carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, onion, chicken broth, heavy cream, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
We just love eating soup in the fall & winter along with some crusty rolls and a salad-a perfect lite meal.

My card today is for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I am on the design team for this challenge for the next 3 months.

Our challenge colors today are baja breeze, crumb cake and blushing bride. We had an option to use pearls or lace this week. I decided on the pearls.

These are very soft colors and I thought they would work well as a sympathy card. A friend of mine just lost her Mom and I am sending this off to her.

I used designer paper from Stampin-Up's "elegant soiree" collection along with some blushing bride ribbon. My flower is stamped in blushing bride and the image is from the "kind and caring thoughts" stamp set and the sympathy sentiment is from Rubber Cottage.


The layout for my card is from the sweet Sunday sketch blog.

That's my card for today. It's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day.

card recipe
stamps: kind & caring thoughts, rubber cottage

paper: blushing bride, baja breeze, vv, elegant soiree dsp
ink: blushing bride, baja breeze, pear pizazz
accessories: blushing bride ribbon, pearls

:

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sympathy card, Mary. You used these gorgeous challenge colors masterfully. I'm so thrilled to see your color challenge samples each week!! Your apple rutabaga soup sounds amazing. We love soup with homemade bread or cheese and crackers for a heart-warming light lunch on weekends once we start getting a chill in the air!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup sounds delicious. I've eaten rutabaga before but it has been a long time. Your sympathy card is lovely. Congrats on the DT position on the color challenge on SCS. I'm sure we'll be seeing some beautiful cards from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty with the soft colors. A beautiful Sympathy card.
    Wow that's a lot of different ingredients in a soup. I love Soups in the fall to. Do you have a recipe you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I am totally amazed and LOL that you NEVER tried a rutabaga before. I used to think they were delicious until someone had a rutabaga and pigtail dinner and the association totally ruined it for me. Cannot eat them now. LOL! The apple part sounds amazing in a cream base, though. Hmmm. Your card is wonderful! Beautifully done, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours on this one, soft is so nice for a sympathy card, well done you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails