Friday, October 8, 2010

verve sketch 5

I have completed all 5 of the Verve release week sketches.

This last one was a little tricky but I managed to put a card together with the required layout.

I thought I had only 10 minutes left to get his on my blog and posted to the Verve site. Then when I got to the Verve site I remembered it was Mountain time not Eastern time.
I was laughing at myself because I actually had 2 hours to spare instead of 10 minutes.

So now I can actually give some description about my card.



This is the sketch that Julee provided for us in this 5th and final challenge.

I decided to make a card with a winter theme to it. I used cherry cobbler, soft suede, whisper white and designer paper from Stampin-Up's Christmas collection.

I had some Stampin-up rub-on snowflakes that I used for my image. The sentiment was stamped in cherry cobbler ink and I added a white ribbon tab.

On the 3 rectangular panels I used the cuttlebug folder "winter borders".

That completes this card and my post for this card.

Good night and God bless!!

17 comments:

  1. What a cool sketch and I love what you did with it!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this layout - you did a fantastic job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the most challenging sketch of the 5 for me...love how you created a snowflake card using this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is wonderful! Your color combo is just rich and I really heart how you incorporated the different panels from the sketch. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty holiday card with this fun layout! Beautiful work, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for a tricky sketch! love all your lovely panels on this Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the panels of colors! Great job with the sketch. Lovely, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Mary. Great job with that sketch. Love the snowflake images. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, you did a great job! It looks like a very challenging sketch. Pretty color palette, too. I like the soft suede as a base.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful job of combining the embossing and prints! Adds such great dimension to your care!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your layers flow really nicely Mary, great job with the sketch, your card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME take on the sketch, Mary! Love the combination of embossing and glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job with the sketch, Mary...your Christmas card is FABULOUS!!!! I just love the colors you used and all the snowflakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this layout was really tough, but you nailed it Mary!! Love the texture and flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out fabulous! Gorgeous Christmas card...I love your colour and paper combo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome, Mary! Such a great sketch and I love the rub-on snowflakes. The cuttlebug panels are just perfect. Beautiful card and a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go to meet the sketch deadline LOL! - You did a great job with what I would call a difficult sketch. Love the use of the Winter embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails