Sunday, January 24, 2010

karen's cupcake


Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was a rainy, damp day here in the 'burgh but after church I did get to stamp. So that was good.

My middle grandson (Aidin 11 yrs) had a basketball game this evening. They lost by 1 point to their rivalry. It was a good game.
He was disappointed after the game but it never lasts long.
At his age he just moves to the next thing. I like his attitude.


Now onto my card for today. I made this one for the featured stamper challenge on splitcoaststampers. This week Karen Barber was honored. If you have never visited her gallery, you should go and take a peek. She is one talented stamper for sure. She does this amazing technique called black magic. I have never tried it, but it's something I want to. She really makes some gorgeous cards using this technique.

I chose her cupcake card. The idea of this challenge is to find a card and change at least 2 things. I kept her layout and cupcake theme.

My changes: different designer paper, ribbon, stamp set, brads instead of flowers, stickles instead of beads. I paper pieced the cupcake.

I made this for a little 6 year old girl in our church who just graduated to the next Sunday school class. She is so cute and bubbly. I like talking to her and she with me. I want to bring her over to stamp with me sometime. I just need to set aside the time.

Anyway, it looks like it's a wrap from charmed life land for today.

I leave you some inspiration from

Psalm 24:1
The earth is the LORD's,
and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;

card recipe:
stamps: mse little birdie, hero arts
paper: su choc chip, ww, american crafts dsp
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: su choc chip ribbon,heart brads, stickles
techniques: paper piecing


1 comment:

  1. Totally adorable! LOVE the papers and that adorable cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails