Friday, January 15, 2010

garden collage


Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

It's been a week since I have posted a card. I haven't even made a card for a week. I was so missing my stamps and blog.

We have some remodeling going on in our home. We replaced all the interior doors-13 to be exact. I wanted the 6 panel doors and we had been talking about it for several years. The contractor had time open for us since it was right after Christmas. So we took the plunge and did it. I love the look of the doors.

I am amazed at how much of a difference it made.

The doors are all installed but not painted yet. That's for next week. We are doing some other work as well so for the next several weeks the house will be a bit topsy-turvy.

I don't know where I will be with my stamping. It's hard to stamp when the contractor is here.

Oh well, I am not complaining. I love to get new things. Who doesn't (lol)??

So onto my card for today. I made this for 3 different challenges.

1. the tuesday color challenge on splitcoaststampers
2. the timeless tuesday challenge from flourishes was a sketch challenge this week.
3. the thursday ways to use it challenge was to find ways to use birds in your card.


The color challenge was rich razzleberry, pretty in pink and choc chip. I really liked this color combo. Although, the rich razzleberry doesn't photograph so well for me. Its definitely a rich color. I used the same color designer paper and ribbon.

My image is an old stampin-up set called garden collage. I stamped it in rich cocoa ink and colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol.

This is where I used the pretty in pink color and more rich razzleberry for the flowers.
I added a stampin-up rub-on and some pearls as well.

I also really liked the sketch layout from flourishes.
Silke Ledlow provided the sketch. It was an easy one to work with.

I also like using bird images on cards so the Thursday challenge was good.

Well, its a wrap for today my friends.

I leave you with some inspiration from:

psalm 84:

Even the sparrow has found a home,

and the swallow a nest for herself,

where she may have her young

a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

7 comments:

  1. WOW -- 3 challenges in one card -- An absolutely beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty and elegant card. Beautiful coloring. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the image and colors...and that polka dot ribbon with the cord is awesome...I love cord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. The colors are so pretty and I love that image, very serene. Hope the remodel goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary - OMG - this is absolutely beautiful!!! You used one of my all time fav SU Sets!!!

    I love how you combined all the Challeges and I'm so happy you added the FTTC Sketch to your list!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, this is wonderful and so beautifully done! Great colors(wink) and I love your beautifully colored image! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Mary. Love the color combo, the lay-out... that pretty bird image... TFS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails