Friday, January 8, 2010

happiness is.....


Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

We had more snow in the 'Burgh today, but oh well it's winter.

In fact, its coming down right now as I post. When I looked outside I thought how beautiful and peaceful is God's creation in this snowfall.

We went to the cirque dreams illumination show last night. Wow, what a performance. The people that are a part of this show are incredible.
There was so much going on at times on stage, your eyes just couldn't take it all in.

If you have the chance to go, take it. It's well worth the money. We received the tickets as a Christmas gift, and our seats were great.
The show is filled with beautiful costumes, acrobatic moves, balancing on wires, dancing, singing and so much more. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now, onto my card for today. There was a limited supplies challenge over at splitcoastampers.

for today we were to:
1. Limit our colors to pinks, reds, black and white (we didn't have to use them all, but just keep it in this color scheme)
2. Incorporate polka dots into our creation somewhere (they can be stamped, embossed, used on ribbon, etc.)

So for my card I used all the colors except pink.
I had this great bobunny dsp-forget me knots-for the polka dots we had to use.
For my center piece I used the nestabilities fleur de lis die. It's something I purchased to use at Christmas but never got around to it.

My sentiment is a stampin-up rub-on. It fit perfectly in the circle I cut from my nestabilities die.
I added a few rhinestones and that's my card.

We were to make a card for someone we love. So I made this valentines card for my husband. I will have to get to his email before he does since he subscribes to my blog (lol). I want it to be a surprise after all.

Well, its a wrap for today my friends. Thanks again for dropping by. Stay warm and have a great week-end.

card recipe:
paper: su black,ww, bazzill marschino, bobunny dsp (forget me knots)
accessories: nesties, su rub-ons, rhinestones

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Love it. The challenges over at SCS are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design, Mary...I love the Spellbinders medallion layer and the sentiment is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails