Tuesday, December 15, 2009

penguin medallion


Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.
Life has been so crazy and busy for me. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
So I wonder why I stress and never have enough time to complete what I want to for Christmas.

My husband was trying to put things in perspective for me tonight. So I feel a little better. I have to really plan and organize the next 3-4 days.

I just finished my Christmas cards but they are not mailed as yet. That will happen on Thursday.

Tomorrow, I am going to a friend's home to make candy. We plan on making chocolate covered oreos and pretzels. Then, I take some ritz crackers and make a peanut butter sandwich and cover it with chocolate. They are so yummy!! And, one of my favorites, cashew clusters.
We did this last year and my family loved all of it, especially my grandsons. They really liked the chocolate covered oreos.

So onto my card for today. I have been creating but have had no time to photo and post on my blog. Today, I made the time!!

This cute little penguin is sitting atop a scalloped edge medallion. Here is the tutorial from splitcoaststampers on how to make this medallion. I used some new designer paper from dcwv that a friend bought for me. I thought it worked well with some old stampin-up cardstock-wild wasabi.

The penguin is a die-cut from darcie's stamps. She actually calls them u-cuts since you have to cut them out. I purchased these at a rubber stamp show this past summer. I think they are super cute.

Well, its a wrap for another day. I send a blessing of peace to all who are reading my blog. I know I need it as well.

card recipe:
paper: su wild wasabi,vv, bazzill crimson, dcwv holiday collection
accessories: su scallop border punch,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails