Wednesday, December 30, 2009

birthday wishes


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Wow, it's been a week since I posted a card.
But, with Christmas and my son being home to visit there was just no time.

We had a wonderful celebration. Christmas Eve my in-laws came for dinner. My brother-in-law is so complimentary. He loved the food and all the cookies. He was in such a festive mood and he made the evening fun for all of us.

Christmas Day was our family celebration with my sons-daughter-in-law and grandsons. It was just the perfect time together. We bought our oldest grandson a plug & play tv game-called big buck hunter. We all end up playing and having so much fun with it. My son even spent some of the next day playing with it as well. It's one of those games you can play in an arcade at the beach or amusement park.

My extended family is having a Christmas party this coming Saturday which will be enjoyable.

So onto my card for the day. I made this for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers and used the layout from the mojomonday challenge.

The colors were really put of the box for me. But, after the card was finished I was happy with the results. We were to use basic gray, dusty durango, barely banana and a neutral of our choice.

I had some stampin-up designer paper (urban garden) that is basic grey but trying to pair that with the dusty durango was my challenge.
I decided to use some dusty durango ribbon and I had these flowers from Michael's brides collection and colored them with gray and dusty durango markers.

I made it a birthday card and used a Verve stamp set I have. I just love the fonts on this set. In fact all of the verve fonts are just so pretty.

I have a lot of January birthdays in my family. So this will be for one of my nieces.

Well, its a wrap for today. Hope you have fun with whatever you are doing for the New Years celebration. We will spend the night over at my sons. Our grandsons love it when we sleep over and so do we!!

card recipe:
stamps: verve wishing you
paper: su basic grey, dusty durango, barely banana, vv, urban garden dsp
ink: memento london fog
accessories: nesties, su ribbon, michael's brides table confetti

2 comments:

  1. Mary I am with you on the Verve Fonts! Makes cards look even better with it! Your's is no excption! Excellent card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Mary!
    Glad you had a good Christmas.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails