Friday, December 18, 2009

acetate christmas card


Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Well, I can say I am very pleased with my progress on completing my tasks for Christmas.

Today, I put on the Christmas music and baked all day. I just felt very peaceful. So if you prayed for me, I am sending a big thank you!!

I made 20 doz of mini-lady locks. I am part of a cookie exchange that is happening tomorrow. I only need 5 doz for the exchange though.

Hopefully, driving will be ok. We are under a winter storm watch. It has already started to snow as I am writing this post.

I had planned to finish my shopping tomorrow after the exchange. It's super Saturday. This day is as big as black Friday according to the media. But, the snow could change my plans.

My card for today is one that I made for the limited supplies challenge over at splitcoaststampers. We were challenged to make some sort of holiday decoration and it had to be silver and/or gold.

I wanted to try my hand at an acetate card. I have seen so many beautiful ones on the blogs and in gallery at splitcoast. I needed another Christmas card-do you believe it!!

I made 52 and it wasn't enough.

I used stampin-up icicle rub-ons for the snowflakes and the sentiment.

My ornament was cut from the cricut machine. I don't have one, but I was over at my friend Deb's home recently and she does. She cut me a bunch of different ornament shapes.

I also used the upper crest border punch and some white ribbon and that's my card.

Well, its time to wrap it up from charmed life land for today. I pray a blessing of peace for all who are reading today's post.

card recipe:
paper: acetate, su silver, paper company cool metallics
accessories: su rub-ons icicle, fiskars upper crest border punch, ribbon, cricut

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails