Tuesday, February 1, 2011

blue hydrangea

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. As laid back as yesterday was today was a complete turn around.

I just went from place to place and activity to activity today. But, I liked everything that I did and accomplished.

We are expecting a major ice storm on Tuesday. They have started delaying the school starts in a lot of areas already. I was going over to meet my grandsons' school bus tomorrow afternoon but ice and me don't agree (lol)!!

So I will stay put and get some crafting done. That will be fun as well.

Now onto my card for today. I made this one for several challenges. I wanted to make a vintage looking card. I was happy with how it turned out. I also have been practicing my coloring with my prismacolor pencils and gamsol (odorless mineral spirits). I was please with the coloring as well.

For a vintage card it helps if you have the right designer paper. I used some Stampin-Up from the "bella bleu" collection. The Martha Stewart lace doily punch helped as well. I added pearls to complete the look.

1.  The featured stamper challenge on splitcoaststampers gave the honors to "tillymint aka Sue". I chose her waltzingmouse stamps card to recreate in my style. I used an old sketch layout from splitcoaststampers as well #227. I changed the card colors, different image, paper, border punch and didn't use ribbon.

2. Our daily bread designs blog has a "blues" challenge. It is to be the main color. I used lots of blue on this card.

3.  The stampin sisters in Christ blog has a blue and green challenge. Their thoughts this week are from Psalm 23. So blue represents still waters and green represents green pastures.

That's my card for today. time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day-God bless!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, your card is so beautiful. I love its richness and your coloring is gorgeous!!! We are expecting up to 21" of snow today!!! Oh I can't wait. lol Be safe with that ice, that is so dangerous... I'll be thinking of you. Its supposed to be just south of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely aced the "vintage" look and feel on this beautiful card! Your coloring is super too! Hope your weather is not too bad today. Our high down here tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 50's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Mary! I just love all the pretty blues you chose to use. Gorgeous work! Stay safe in all the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the hydrangea with the vintage look. The paper is perfect and the little bird is so sweet. Good job on all the challenges. Take care and be safe in the ice. We are expecting stormy weather...the kind that comes with 60 degrees one day and 38 degrees the next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Mary!! Hope your weather is not too bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Mary, this is such a beautiful card....love it! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining th Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blues, Mary! Quite serene! The punch definitely adds a vintage touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Mary!! I just love the Bella Blue dp with your stunning layout!! Gorgeous in all the blue! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Mary, lots of lovely details in this one... hope you survived the ice storm... we are about to have a MASSIVE cyclone hit the top end of our State, yet another emergency for us to deal with... a lot of praying and bunkering down going on up there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! I just love this hydrangea image and never got it because I had the old SU hydrangea set. Love how you layered the Nesties and that DP makes a perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Mary, this is just beautiful! Love the blues, your fab design ~ just everything about this elegant beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Mary. Thanks for picking my favoite flower :) You brought a big smile on my face. I miss the flower season with all that white of snow around the house!

    Iky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is stunning! I love the stamps you chose. Congrats on being a shining star!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your card! Congrats on being chosen for a shining star blinkie! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails