Thursday, February 9, 2023

Stop Monkeying Around

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

I have been battling a cold since Monday. Lots of congestion but today I am starting to feel a bit better. Sitting around or sleeping during the day is not my thing at all. I have been taking lots of Vitamin C to help fight this thing off. I don't take any over the counter cold medications because I don't tolerate them well. 

So sitting her basically doing nothing I am posting a card I made for the color challenge #930 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess, and I chose real red, basic white and flirty flamingo for my color trio. Optional was anything goes. 

real red, basic white, flirty flamingo


For this card I chose a die cut monkey for the optional item. Since it was an anything goes option, I wasn't concerned that the monkey wasn't in the challenge colors. It was part of the Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin Safari Celebration kit. (February 2022). I will be sending this one to a special 7 year old boy. I visit with him weekly to give his Mom a break. He is in a wheelchair.

I used a slimline design for my Valentine card. The designer paper is from the Stampin' Up "from my heart" collection. It has the challenge colors which is why I chose these colors.

The stamped sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday set. The Valentine phrase is from a CottageCutz die. It's part of the Be My Valentine Puppies die. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless

card details:
Stamps: monkey business (Technique Tuesday)
Paper: real red, basic white, from the heart specialty designer paper (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 7 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Ink: real red (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: be my valentine puppies, stitched heart set (CottageCutz), safari celebration (Paper Pumpkin Kit 2022),
Techniques: slimline card
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Gals Corner has an add a heart challenge. 
2Fab 'n' Funky has a Valentine or hearts challenge.
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is fun with dies. 
4.  Sisterhood of Crafters has a hearts challenge. 
5.  Cardz 4 Guyz has a Valentine for a guy challenge. 


6 comments:

  1. What a fun card Mary with a great image and sentiments. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...some guy is gonna love this!! Thanks for playing along with our "valentine for a guy" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G315

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, reminds me of the fun Valentines we used to get when we were kids, he will love it!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Triple B} NEW March 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this card is adorable, especially the money with the hula hoop! It caught my eye over at Cardz4Guys and I had to take a closer look. Great job, and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute,Thank you for Joining us at crafty gals challenge corner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This monkey and the coordinating sentiments are fabulous! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue, DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails