Sunday, November 20, 2022

Thanksgiving Cards

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Sunday in November. 

It's Thanksgiving week here in the US and one of my favorite holidays. I usually have the family here at my house for dinner but this year we are going to my sister-in-law's home. My hubby's Mom is 92 and she doesn't want to leave the house anymore. She lives with my sister-in-law. 

I am disappointed not cooking but I realize that we may not have many more years with Mom. So I will make several sides and go there and enjoy the day!

Now onto my cards for today. These are 3 of the designs I made this year for my Thanksgiving cards. I used the Stampin' Up "Layered Leaves"Paper Pumpkin Kit from 2017 + a few other supplies to create the cards. I thought it was way passed time to use all of the contents of the kit (LOL)!

This first card has a card base of cajun craze cardstock and a gold foil acetate. All from Stampin' - Up. The green leaves and gold center leaf, baker's twine and the embossed panel are all from the kit. The embossed panel was a pillow box that I cut apart. I cut a small oval from the leftover box piece and used that for my sentiment. The kit comes with a stamp set. 
This second card also has a base of cajun craze cardstock and a gold foil acetate. All from Stampin' - Up. The leaves, bakers twine and the embossed panel are all from the kit. The sentiment is from the Stampin' - Up "Gather Together" stamp set. I used a paper sander on the embossed panel to highlight the embossing.

This next card I used acetate with a white pattern and layered that over a brushed gold panel. The card base is the cajun craze cardstock. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. I have some other designs using this same Kit that I will post tomorrow. So until next time.......God bless.

I am also entering:
3.  Beyond the Blue challenge is go for the gold. 
4.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
5.  TTTC188 - I chose thankful sentiment-Free-Any color


3 comments:

  1. A beautiful trio of cards Mary - I love the rich cajun and gold tones. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rich gold! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I love those backgrounds! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails