Monday, November 7, 2022

Happy HoHoHo Screen Divider Card


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog on a Monday in November. 

Hope your weekend was a good one. We went to Troy, NY to visit our grandson. He goes to an Engineering school there. It was a wonderful visit with him. We got to see the campus, take him to lunch, and also spend time with our son as well as our grandson. My daughter-in-law was down with a bad cold so she couldn't make the trip with us. That was disappointing. 

It was an 8-hour drive from Pittsburgh, but we had great weather going and coming home. And the time spent with our son in the car was priceless. Nothing like family time.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #914 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use granny apple green, melon mambo and highland heather for our color trio. Optional was to make it sparkle. I used white glitter paper for the snowbanks and the hat brims. Although it didn't photo so sparkly.
granny apple green, melon mambo, highland heather

I thought I would try these non-traditional colors for a Christmas card. My funfold design is called a screen divider card. There is a tutorial here on SCS. Check it out here.

I embossed the background panels with the SU "softly falling" embossing folder. On the first 3 panels I am featuring new dies from CottageCutz. I also used the "happy ho ho ho die" on these panels. The last panel I used for my stamped greeting.

For Santa's hat and glove, I used merry merlot- one of our neutrals. I also had to give my snowmen a carrot nose. I am sending this card at Christmas to my precious great niece who loves to get cards in the mail from me. She even hangs them up in her bedroom. So sweet!

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: Merry Little Christmas (Great Impressions Stamps)
Paper: granny apple green, melon mambo, highland heather, smokey slate, baked brown sugar, soft suede, white, merry merlot, gold, black (Stampin' Up), white glitter paper (Recollections)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: granny apple green (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: happy hohoho, snowman w/tree, happy reindeer & snowman, christmas tree peekers dies (CottageCutz), melon mambo enamel dots, softly falling ef, decorative label punch (Stampin' Up),
Techniques: screen divider card
I am also entering:
1.  Christmas with the Cuties has an anything goes- optional Christmas food or drinks. 
2.  Dragonfly Dreams has a Christmas challenge. 
3Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes. 
4.  Can You Handle the Pressure has an anything goes w/an embossing folder. 
5.  CHNC challenge #119 is anything goes Christmas w/optional of something with letter H.
6.  Creative Creases #44 has an anything goes with a fun fold. 


7 comments:

  1. Wow, an awesome card, so creative and cute!! Glad you got to spend time with your grandson, nothing like family time!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, your screen divider card is beautiful! I really love the scene you made with nontraditional Christmas colors. Perfectly done! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I bet you went to RPI. I lived 10 miles from there back in the 90's! I have never tried this fun fold. You used the cutest dies. Good luck in the Creative Creases challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card with all of those wonderful panels. I love your embossing and each of your adorable scenes. Thanks for playing with us at Can You handle The Pressure?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card with all the die-cuts and dimension. Perfect for the screen divider fold. Thank you for sharing to Creative Creases Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails