Saturday, September 4, 2021

Pet Sympathy Card

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in September. 

It's the Labor Day weekend holiday so hope you have some fun and celebrations with friends or family planned.  I am off to a baby shower for a good friend's daughter in a bit. So I wanted to get this Blog post finished before I leave. 

I made this card for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. And, here are the details on how I created it. 

Design Steps:
Having a layout in mind at the card start is always a big boost for me. That way I can just choose the card colors and designer paper, and I am good to go. I liked this week's Sketch #869 from Splitcoaststampers. I thought it was a great layout to use several of the stamps.
I found this dog themed paper in my collection. I liked all the "dog" words and the distressed appeal of the paper. Even with the diamond shape you can still read though a lot of the words.

Maraschino red card base: 4 3/4" square
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/2" square
Diamond Layer (Element 2) - 2nd largest Stitched Square die
Circle Layer: 3rd largest Circle Set
Next, I stamped and colored the images from the set that I was using for my card. I used both Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils for my color medium.


I used a stamp that had the words "sending big" and masked off the words I didn't need. Used my MISTI just in case a double inking was required and it did need it.
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the card layers with double sided tape.
To finish off my card front, I attached the images with dimensional adhesive. The "hugs" phrase is attached with glue dots.
To complete the inside, I stamped a pet sympathy sentiment. I used the paw print from this stamp set just for a little added interest.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next next time......God bless. 

Stamps & Dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  Crafter's Castle has an an6ything goes challenge.
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Aud Sentiments has a thinking of you/get well/sympathy sentiments
5.  Cardz 4 Gals has a National Dog Day challenge. I think this pet sympathy card fits. 


5 comments:

  1. This is a sweet card for such a sad occasion. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and design. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely idea and a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 36 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails