Friday, September 3, 2021

Christmas Wishes

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Friday of September. 

We had some heavy rain- 4"-6" a couple of days ago and it caused a lot of flooding and many school closures in the Pittsburgh area. It was the after affects of Hurricane Ida. Our house wasn't affected even though we have a creek behind the house it didn't overflow.  There were so many boat rescues of people who tried to drive their cars through flooded streets. One area even had to rescue a school bus because the driver attempted to drive through flood waters. 

But many people in our community weren't so fortunate including the neighbor across the street who had water come in his basement and garage. Now the clean-up begins for so many. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was affected. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #858 on Splitcoaststampers. Chris was the hostess and she chose bumblebee, soft succulent and poppy parade as her color trio. Optional was dry embossing. 

For my card, as you can see, I went with a Christmas theme. I used the Stampin'-Up poinsettia dies to die cut and then emboss my petals. The leaves are cut in soft succulent and then I used the same color ink and sponged the edges for a deeper color shade.

The sentiment is from the Stampin'-Up Christmas toile set. My background paper is from the "Painted Christmas" collection.

I added some gold cord behind the poinsettia for interest and a couple of berry sprigs. Now I have another Christmas card for my collection. I actually may make a couple of these cards because I was really happy with how it turned out. 

That's my card for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: Toile Christmas (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: soft succulent, poppy parade, bumblebee, painted Christmas dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: poppy parade, soft succulent (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: poinsettia, Christmas cardinal dies, gold cord (Stampin'-Up), vine wreath with berries die (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  Christmas Crafts All Year Round has a "Q" or "R" challenge. I have a red poinsettia, banner and berries. 
2.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge is anything goes. 
3.  ABC Christmas challenge has a "T" for ? - I have 2 berry sprigs and 2 words.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful red poinsettia and card..
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary. Love poinsettias and you have made a truly lovely card with those colours. Thanks for sharing at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful - just love that poinsettia die! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails