Friday, September 24, 2021

Home Sweet Home Christmas

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

It's such a sunny and warm day here in Pittsburgh. My hubby and I went out for a 3 mile walk this morning and the skies were so blue not a cloud in sight. We are winding down for summer and in fact  the Fall season officially started on September 22. Our gardens are still going strong but should start slowing down in the next couple of weeks. We had a bountiful harvest this year. 

I am starting my Fall decorating today and I wanted to get this Blog post done before that. I decorate for each season and the Fall stuff will stay up until Thanksgiving and then I start Christmas. 

I decided to create a card using one of the new stamp sets from Lil' Bluebird Designs - a Scrapping Cottage Brand.  I was thinking of those of you out there they may not like coloring images. So I thought I would show you a card that required no coloring. I have created a Christmas card using the new Home Sweet Home stamp & die set + the Mountains & Trees Slimline & Hills Slimline dies.

So let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I started this card by looking for some designer paper with a darker snowy background which would allow me to keep my houses and trees white. I found this snowflake pattern. So far so good!

Blueberry card base: 4 3/8" x 5 1/2"
White Layer Panel : 4 3/16" x 5 5/16"
Designer Paper: 4 1/4" x 5 1/4"
I stamped my houses in stormy sky distress ink. The color matched nicely with the designer paper. 
The pine trees and snow banks I cut in white cardstock. The hills die is 9 1/2" so I was able to get 2 snowbanks at 4 1/4" each from the single cut. 

On the bottom snowbank I stamped my Christmas sentiments. It's 2 different stamps from Papertrey Ink "holiday home" collection. I used my MISTI for placement and just in case it needed a 2nd inking- which it did. 

Card elements are ready and now I can start the assembly. I decided to add some chunky glitter to the snowbanks for added interest. I took this photo and I thought the bottom snowbank wasn't quite right and when I tried to lift it, the cardstock bent. So I redid the bottom panel and used less glitter. I like it so much better. Just forgot to take another photo of my re-do.
 I attached the snowbanks with dimensional adhesive and then the house images with glue dots. To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base and scattered some iridescent snowflakes. And, that's it for this Blog post. So until next time........God bless. 

Stamps & dies I used to create card:





I am also entering:
1.  Jingle Bells has a dashing through the snow challenge. 
2.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes. 
3.  ABC Christmas Challenge is "T" for two. I have 2 snowbanks + 2 different sentiment stamps.
4.  CHNC has an anything goes Christmas.





4 comments:

  1. love the step-by-step photos of your process and that snowy designer paper makes the perfect sky for your winter scene ... we're so glad you went dashing through the snow with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful winter scene! THe patterned paper makes a beautiful snowy sky. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous scene = love how the elements all came together. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful and artful background! WOW! so pleased you could have SNOW much fun with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails