Saturday, August 14, 2021

Heard You Caught a Bug

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in August. 

Hope there is some fun summer activities on your calendar today. We are going to a 1st birthday party for our next door neighbor. It will be held at a local park and hopefully the rain holds off. Then from there we head over to my son's home for a family gathering. 

Plus I have more garden harvest to try and get taken care of today. My hubby cut basil yesterday so I will be making pesto. Then he also picked about 20 banana peppers that will need to be stuffed and then frozen for winter enjoyment. Also the tomatoes are starting to come in. There aren't enough yet to do any canning so I will roast the 10 that I have and then freeze them. 

So I have a busy day and wanted to get my Blog post done early. This get well card I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am using new stamps & dies from the Lil' Bluebird Designs - a Scrapping Cottage brand. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I started my card by ink blending the background using tumbled glass, broken china, hello honey and mowed lawn distress inks. The cardstock is Bristol smooth from Canson. I find that the inks blend so smoothly on this paper.
Next, I stamped, die cut and colored the images from the Love Bugs set. I used a combo of Alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.
I also stamped and die cut the sentiment that is part of this stamp set. The edges are sponged with Broken China distress ink.

For the bug jar I decided to use white cardstock. Then I sponged the yellow, blue and green distress inks so it would appear as glass and you see the colors of the background behind it. I think it worked.
This is a photo of the coloring mediums I used for my images.
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I first stamped the bee "flight trails" in black ink.
I attached the images to the background panel using dimensional adhesive. I cut the grass using the Spring Grass die from CottageCutz.
To complete my card I added a white layering panel - measuring 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". Then the turquoise card base measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". After I took the above picture, I decided that I didn't like the darker green cardstock I used originally. So I switched it out to a lighter green.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless!

Stamps & Dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  Aud Sentiments has an anything goes + a sentiment.
2.  Cute Card Thursday has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Crafty Creations has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Simon Says Stamp has a funny/punny challenge. 
5The Paper Funday has an anything goes with optional of  cute critters. 


  

3 comments:

  1. A super fun card, lovely and cheerful. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, that little worm is adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love the blended color background - just perfect for this adorable card. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails