Saturday, August 21, 2021

Another Birthday - No Prob-llama

Hello Blogger friends! Happy Saturday to you. Hope you are having a great weekend and are doing something fun to enjoy the summertime weather. If you are in the hurricane path, I am praying for your safety and protection. 

We started our day by going to Costco and then stopped at Bahama Breeze for a lunch. The lunch was delicious and the time spent with my hubby was great as well. We haven't had a "date day" for awhile. Even though it started with shopping it ended with a nice lunch and time to talk uninterrupted. 

Now I have to get into my kitchen and start processing all the tomatoes that my hubby just picked from his garden. I am going to do canning so it will take quite awhile for this process. It will be a tomato sauce that  I will use as a basis for a marinara sauce or for chili. And, any other recipes that call for a tomato sauce base. So now onto my card for today. 

This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog I am featuring the new Llama Love stamp & die set from Lil' Bluebird Designs - it's a Scrapping Cottage Company. I used it to create a birthday card. I like to have birthday cards on hand to send out to my family and friends. I have a large extended family so I am always in need of cards. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

Having a layout in mind at the card start is always a big boost for me. That way I can just choose the card colors and designer paper and I am good to go. I liked this week's sketch #867 on Splitcoaststampers because of the somewhat simplistic design. The circle was also a good resting spot for my llama image.
I looked through my designer papers for a fun and festive designer paper. I found this one with a fiesta theme and I thought it would be a good background for the llama. I also embossed the angled rectangle panel with a cactus folder.

Turquoise Card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

Crushed Curry (Yellow) Angled Rectangle Layer: 1 1/2" x 5 3/8"
White Image Circle: - Stitched Circle Set (4th largest)
Melon Mambo Layering Circle: - Circle set (3rd largest die)  
Next, I stamped, colored and die cut the llama and cactus images. For my coloring mediums, I used a combination of alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.
For the llama body I decided to use some Stampendous fun flock. It gives a fuzzy texture and is adhered with a 2 way glue pen. You press it into the image and let it dry. IRL it looks great on my card. The recipient will love the added touch.
The photos below show what makers and pencils I used.
I stamped the first sentiment on the white circle with a turquoise ink. I placed it at an angel for added interest. This sentiment is not part of the Llama Love stamp set.
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the embossed panel first because it needed to be trimmed once I angled it.
Next, I attached the circles to the panel with double sided tape. The images are attached with dimensional adhesive. For the flag element below the circle, I used a white flag I had in my stash and stamped my 2nd sentiment in turquoise ink. This sentiment is part of the Llama Love Stamp set. I layered it with a strip of melon cardstock and attached with dimensional adhesive.
To complete my card I added the turquoise card base to the image panel with double sided tape. And, that's my card for this post. So until next time......God Bless. 
stamps & dies I used to create card:





I am also entering:
1.  Cardz 4 Galz has a texture challenge. 
2Creative Knockouts has a birthday wishes challenge.
3.  Seize the Birthday has a birthday challenge.  
4.  Little Red Wagon has an animal antics challenge. 
5.  Simon Says Stamp has a add a sentiment challenge.  




5 comments:

  1. Great card! Such perfect papers. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun Mary! Love this card, what fun paper too!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts this week- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, This card sure put a smile on my face! I love the darling Llama, and the great DSP, and the cactus embossing folder. Such a great birthday card! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, the llama is so cute and great idea to use fun flock on his coat! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything works so well together. Love the flocking! The embossing and the designer paper, the look on the llama's precious face, and that sentiment! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! Hope to see you again soon! Sue

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails