Saturday, June 19, 2021

Beautiful Baby Boy

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's a rainy day here in Pittsburgh. We were getting ready to start our daily 3 mile walk this morning and the rain came pretty quickly and heavy. Fortunately we were still in our front yard and that ended the walk for a bit. We were able to get out about an hour later and got in 2 miles before the rain started up again.

I did get my home workout in while we waited for the rain to stop. I have a trainer and see him once a week along with a friend of mine at a private training facility. He has worked out a routine for me to do at home with the equipment I have. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring the new Curly Sheep & Lamb die and created a card to welcome a new baby boy. A young couple from church just had their 3rd baby and I want to send them a card. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I started my card this week by picking the colors. I wanted to use some colors that are typical boy colors. I found this cute designer paper in a royal blue and decided to go with it. I decided to add some ribbon and went with this white flax ribbon.

Pacific Point (Blue) Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White Layering Panel: 4" 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Designer Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/4"
White image panel: 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Blue Image Layering Panel: 2 7/8" x 3 7/8"
Next, I cut my sweet Mama sheep and Baby lamb dies. They are so, so cute. I just love how they turned out.
Then I stamped my "beautiful baby boy" sentiment on the white cardstock die cut image panel. I used the 3rd largest die from the rectangle set and stamped in pacific point (blue) ink to match the cardstock and designer paper panels.
I attached the sheep & lamb image with dimensional adhesive. Then the blue layering panel that was cut with the 2nd largest Stitched Rectangle die was attached with double sided tape to the image.
I attached the designer paper to the white layering panel and the white flax ribbon with double sided tape. I used a foam adhesive sheet to attach the image panel. I wanted that lifted slightly off the designer paper.
To finish off my card, I attached the panels to the card base and scattered a few pacific point hearts. I am happy with how the card turned out and I think my friends will like it as well. So until next time.......God bless. 

dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.
  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Sweet Stampin' has a something beginning with B challenge.
3.  Taylormadecards4u has a use your words challenge.  
4.  Alphabet Challenge is "F" is for furry.
5.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge with optional of animals. 



 

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely what a cute die cut too thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute. Darling baby card. Awesome images and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz, Alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute - love the colours. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card. I am so pleased you took part in our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. We look forward to seeing your future entries. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails