Sunday, February 14, 2021

I + You =US

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit on this Valentine's Day 2021. We went out on Thursday night for our Valentine dinner. We thought the restaurants might be a bit crowded and we wouldn't be able to get a reservation on the week-end. So we went earlier and had a very delicious dinner and an enjoyable evening.

We picked an Italian restaurant near our home that is famous for it's Virginia spots. I can tell you that they are delicious served with a lemon cream sauce. My husband enjoyed Chicken Romano- something else that is their specialty.

Then today my neighbor sent over some delicious brownies with a fabulous icing. So we had those for dessert today. I gave my hubs his card either today. I already posted it on my Blog previously. You can take a look here.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for a color challenge #827 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she chose call me clover, whisper white and cajun craze for the color trio.
call me clover, whisper white, cajun craze

I have to admit this color combo had me stumped because with the cajun craze my mind kept going to Fall. And, I didn't want to create that type of card. Then my teamie, Karen, gave me the idea of a nature theme. And, voila I thought of a cactus.

I was determined to make a Valentine card with these non-traditional colors. With the help of my punny sentiment I was able to pull it off. The sentiment I used is from the "let's stick together" set from MFT.

The designer paper background paper is from the Stampin'-Up "all is bright" collection. It's a neutral so I am good there.

The cactus images are a die from Cottage Cutz. For the blooms on the cactuses, I used the light craze craze alcohol marker from Stampin'-Up. I gave this card to the owner of my gym for his wife. He really liked the sentiment. 

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time.........God Bless!

card details:
Stamps: let's stick together (MFT)
Paper: cajun craze, call me clover, white, crumb cake, all is bright dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: call me clover
Accessories: potted cactus die (CottageCutz), stitched collage frame(MFT)
I am also entering:
1.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Aud Sentiments has an anything goes + a sentiment.
5.  Creative Moments has an anything goes challenge. 

3 comments:

  1. Super card! I love the design! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card ! thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week, good luck Nelly DT X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card! I love the sentiments :)Thank you for joining us at LPCF! hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails