Thursday, October 18, 2018

A Christmas Birdhouse

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
Today was a Pre-School day for me. We had a fun class today and it was all about pumpkins. I brought a couple of pumpkins in as a visual for the kids. One of them had bumps on it and the other was one without.
 
They were fascinated with the bumps as I knew they would be. I did a brief explanation of how too much rain causes the bumps. I did a bit of reading online to see what causes them. I thought the 3 explanations I read were interesting and I chose the one about too much rain. It was something simple I could explain to 3 year olds.
 
The smooth pumpkin I cut open and let them see the inside. They all had a chance to stick their hands inside and pull out some seeds. Some of them liked doing that a lot and some not so much. I explained how you can dry the seeds and roast them to eat. I had a bag of white pumpkins seeds and I let them all have some to taste. Again some liked them a lot others not so much.
 
We used the pumpkins seed and glued them on a pumpkin that was on construction paper. They liked doing the project. It will be one we will display next week for our art gallery night.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the sketch challenge #719 on Splitcoaststampers. Carey was our hostess and she provided a great layout for our cards.

 For my card I used a new CottageCutz die - Winter Birdhouses to create a Christmas card. I paired it up with Stampin'-Up's joyous noel specialty designer paper.

The sentiments are 2 different stamps. the Christmas Blessings is from PTI and the "nest" is from ODBD.
 
The image panel is embossed with the Stampin'-Up softly falling embossing folder. I thought this one would be an easy card to make several more of for my Christmas card giving. Now that I have made this card and I have all the measurements.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
 
card details:  
Stamps: nest (ODBD), holiday home (PTI)
Paper: whisper white, tranquil tide, merry merlot, early espresso, joyous noel specialty (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper Size: A2   
 Ink: tranquil tide (Stampin'-Up)  
Accessories: winter birdhouses die (CottageCutz), softly falling embossing folder (Stampin'-Up)
 
Die I used to create card: 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwinterbirdhouses.aspx
I am also entering:
1. ABC Christmas Challenge has a "V" for very quick.
2. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' has an anything goes challenge.
3.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! So elegant and serene in that sweet palette of colours. Love this! Thank you for entering our Christmas challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin', your entry is so gorgeous. Come back and play along again with us next month too. Hugs, Wends xoxo CaSS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I love the sentiment with the sweet birdhouse!

    Reading your story about the pumpkins reminded me of all the fun I had with my preschoolers during the fall... great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mary :-) the litte birdhouse is super cute and I love the paper design and embossed panel too, very lovely and stylish :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails