Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Christmas Wisdom Tree

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
I am sitting here typing this post and it's a sunny and warm day here in Pittsburgh. Seems so unusual for the 10th day of October to have 80° temps. Our zinnias and some other flowers are still blooming profusely.
 
My hubby thought he lost the zinnias last month when we had 10" of rain over a weekend. But they came back and are as healthy as ever. They make great cut flowers and looks so pretty in my house.
 
We still have butterflies and bees flitting around the garden. The butterflies are usually gone by this time of year. I love these temps and soon (this weekend) they will be more seasonal like.
 
Now for my card for today. This one I created for the DTGD challenges on Splitcoaststampers. They are a series of week long challenges for the members of the fan club on Splitcoaststampers.
 
We aren't supposed to reveal the details of the challenge. But, if you are a fan club member click here and you will see how this fits the challenge that Linda hosted.
 
For my card, I used the CottageCutz "wisdom tree" die. I cut it in lost lagoon cardstock 2x for a little more dimension.

The background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "all is calm" collection. I added some mesh ribbon and sequins to finish off my card.
 
That's it for me for this post. I am off to the Farm Market to pick up some things for tonight's dinner. So until next time...…..God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: lost lagoon, white, all is calm dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Wisdom Tree, Rectangle dies (CottageCutz), sequins (Darice). white mesh ribbon (May Arts) 
 
dies I used to create card
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwisdomtreeelites.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedrectanglesetbasics.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is anything goes.
2.  Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge has an anything goes w/optional of ribbon.
3.  The Merry Christmas Challenge is anything goes.
4.  Winter Wonderland has an anything goes Christmas.  

 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a great die cut. I love it when shapes are made using words. It really makes for a lovely card!

    Thanks for sharing it with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge Blog!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous die and love your card design..
    Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Winter Wonderland..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mesh ribbon looks great behind the wonderful word tree, Mary. Thanks for sharing your card at HLS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful design. I love how you used your ribbon.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Happy Little Stampers Xmas.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails