Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Christmas Joy


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
I can't believe we have reached the end of October already. Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be coming sooner that we think. I have most of my Thanksgiving cards finished. But, Christmas is another story. I have started my cards but need a whole lot more.
 
So every chance I get, I am making Christmas cards. And, since I am on both the color challenge and sketch teams now on Splitcoaststampers, I am taking that opportunity. I was invited to guest design with the Sketch team for 6 months. That works for me.
 
This week Diane was our hostess and she gave us a great layout to turn into a card. It's sketch #721. I added a layer with some designer paper and also layered the square panels.
The background paper is from the Stampin'-Up "Be of good cheer" collection. I love red & green for Christmas cards. Although I have fun with non-traditional colors as well.
 
The dies are all from CottageCutz. The image dies are from the 2018 Christmas collection. I used holiday mantel and handmade tree w/ presents dies. The stamped sentiment is part of the stitched stockings set from MFT.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…...God bless.
 
Card Details:
Stamps: stitched stockings (MFT) 
Paper: cherry cobbler, whisper white, gumball green, be of good cheer dsp (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: gumball green (Stampin'-Up)  
Accessories: holiday mantel, handmade tree w/presents, stitched alphabet, square dies (CottageCutz) 
 
Dies I used to create card: 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidaymantel.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhandmadetreewpresents.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge has an anything goes.
2.  Cards in Envy has a favorite holiday card challenge.
3.  Stamps & Fun = Creativity has a red and green challenge.
4.  Crafter's Castle has an anything goes w/option of Christmas challenge.
5.  HIMCR has an any holiday challenge.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great interpretation of the sketch. I love the cheerful Christmas colors and fun dies. Congratulations on your design teams. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails