Saturday, September 15, 2018

Country Christmas Wreath

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
First, I would like to extend my prayers to the people that have been affected by Hurricane Florence. Watching all the television coverage of the storm is so incredible of what's happening in the Carolina's. Until physical help can come and assist, I believe that prayer is the best option right now.
 
My card today is one that I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new Grapevine Wreath w/Bird die on my card.
 
Used a sketch that I found on Pinterest for the card layout.  This sketch gave all the measurements so it was easy to do all the cutting. I subbed the wreath image for the oval on the sketch.
 
The background gingham paper is a pattern from BoBunny. I thought it just added to the country look of my card. For the small center rectangle on the card, I used wide white ribbon (1.5") and then layered red ribbon (5/8") over that.
 The corner flourishes are part of the Country Merry Christmas Phrase.
 
When I attached the wreath, I used Ranger multi matte medium sparingly. I didn't want it to be completely attached. I like the look of it being slightly lifted off the ribbon.
That's my card for today. Hope you have a great weekend and until next time...…..God bless.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcountrymerrychristmasphraseelites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgrapevinewreathwbirdelites.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  CHNC #403 challenge is anything Christmas with option of using gingham.
2.  Winter Wonderland has a Christmas challenge using ribbon or twine.
3.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge #2 is anything goes Christmas.
4.  Twelve Months of Christmas has a "tweet Christmas" challenge.
5.  The Merry Christmas Challenge has an anything goes challenge.  
 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love this pretty wreath and gorgeous gingham. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous die, and I love how you paired it with the gingham check paper. It has such a homey feel to it, like the gingham is a summer tablecloth and the bird is nearby serenading.

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge Blog!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gingham paper creates a lovely backdrop for the diecut image. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC with an optional theme of Use some check, plaid or gingham paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Mary ... love that red gingham background! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

    Darlene
    Merry Little Christmas DT
    MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again soon :)


    michelle (The Merry Christmas Challenge DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful classic card, love the gingham and gorgeous diecut! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MLC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at 12 months of Christmas link up and Crafty Hazelnkut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about Gingham, Country and Christmas. Lovely how you brought all three together. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails