Saturday, September 1, 2018

Christmas Fawns Walking in Winter Wonderland

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.

It's a holiday weekend and summer's last hurrah. Seems like I was just welcoming summer for the Memorial Day weekend. Don't know where the last 3 months actually went (lol)!

I was up at pre-school this entire week with the other teachers preparing the classrooms and decorating the hall and entryway for the start of school next week. Everything looks so nice to welcome the kiddos. I am looking forward to the new class we will have this year. Some of the kids are younger siblings of others we taught previously.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new Christmas Fawns die to create my card. So, let's get started with some details on how I created my card.
 
Step 1:  I started my card with the colors this week. I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #702 or my card. The colors are cherry cobbler, early espresso and so saffron. I was able to incorporate them nicely into my card.
so saffron, cherry cobbler, early espresso
Step 2: Once the card colors were chosen, I started the stenciling for my background. I used a snowfall stencil and some shimmery white embossing paste. There is lots of sparkle on the snowflakes. I set that aside to dry and started the die cutting.
 
I cut the fawns in a baked brown sugar cardstock (medium brown) and did a bit of sponging for some contrast.  The tree branch is cut in the early espresso shade, the ornament in so saffron and the birds in cherry cobbler.
What I have learned doing color challenges is that you don't have to emphasize all colors equally.  And, neutral colors like white, brown gray etc. help to balance the other colors.
Step 3: Next I cut a snowbank for my fawns to stand on. I used glitter glue and chunky glitter to give a bit of sparkle to the top of the bank.
I stamped my sentiment in early espresso ink. I love this rich brown shade of ink and it's also another way to incorporate the colors from the challenge.
Attached the snowbank to the stenciled base with dimensional adhesive.
Once that was in place I began attaching the images. I used a combination of dimensional adhesive and glue dots. I decided I didn't want a yellow bird so I changed it out to both in the cherry cobbler color. Used some light yellow metallic glue dots for a little added bling. Again, another way to get the challenge colors onto my card.
To complete my card, I attached the image panel to the cherry cobbler card base. And, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
 
 die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchristmasfawns.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Kitty Bee Designs has an anything goes w/optional twist of animals.
2.  Winter Wonderland has a Christmas Joy challenge.
3.  Simon Says Wednesday has an anything goes challenge.  
4.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes.
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I want that die set now!! Great card. Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty holiday card! I love the white on white with the snow stenciling. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a lovely day! xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure cuteness! TFS it with KBD Aloha Friday Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at THAIC Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous and sure to bring joy to someone..Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Winter Wonderland..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute and lovely. Adorable dies you have used for your creation. Thanks for joining my Christmas Joy challenge over at Winter Wonderland.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails