Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Mama & Baby Raccoon

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
We have been having such great weather here in Pittsburgh. The Spring flowers are up and trees are blooming, finally bringing an end to a long winter season.
 
Besides our tulips we have some pretty Forget Me Not plants blooming in our side yard. They have such a delicate blue flower. I never noticed them before this year, but my hubby says they have been there. We will have those for about 3 weeks.
 
In the front yard where its a bit more shaded we have our bleeding heart. Love the pretty pink hearts on this one. It's funny how you notice the beauty around you after a long winter.
 
Anyway, let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. Let's get started with some details on how I created this card.
This one I created with the Mama Raccoon & Baby die that is part of the Mother's Day release. I am using it for a Mother's Day card but again this die could be used for a variety of occasions. How about to welcome a new baby or as a thank you from a new Mom or even for baby shower invitations just to mention a few ideas.

Step 1: Since I knew what die I would be showcasing today, I knew I wanted a layout where the raccoons would be the star. I am using the Viva la Verve May sketch.
Step 2: Once the layout was decided upon, I just needed to select my card colors. The  designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up collection "go wild". It is a variety of different animal prints and patterns. This arrow pattern seemed to work well for a raccoon.
 
So my card colors were chosen with taupe, and black. Not your typical Mother's Day colors but the raccoon and sentiment tie it all together.
The flag panel is cut at the size from the sketch and I used a heart embossing folder for texture.
 

Black card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Patterned Paper Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Taupe Circle: 3rd largest stitched circle die
Black circle: 4th largest circle die
 


Step 2: Cut my mama & baby raccoon. I followed the colors on the packaging and also used the photo to assemble them. CottageCutz always has a color photo on each die package and this makes die cut assembly quite easy. I used Stampin'-Up basic gray, smoky slate and black for the animals.  
 Step 3: Before I started my card assembly, I wanted to stamp the sentiment. The sentiment I am using reads -"thank you for being my protector, my teacher and my friend. I only wanted to use the words - protector, teacher, friend.

It's an older stamp from Mark's Finest Papers. I don't think they are in business any longer. So I pulled out my MISTI and masked off the other words and stamped what I needed.


 I wasn't sure at first what to do for the middle thin panel, Then I remembered that I had some twine in my stash. I have had this for so many years and I almost got rid of it and now I am glad that I didn't. It's self adhesive so it was no issue getting it to stick.

 The panels are all secured with double sided tape. This is my primary adhesive. On the image panel, I used mounting tape because I wanted it lifted off of the background somewhat. After this was done I scattered a few sequins just to enhance the panels a bit. Taupe is not a go to color choice for me. I usually shy away from the neutral colors. But I really like how this card turned out.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time .......God bless.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmamaraccoonandbaby.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting By Designs has a Mother's Day challenge.
2.  Elliebelle's Crafty Wednesday has a ladies/girls challenge. My entry is for Mother's Day.
3.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has anything goes with a critter.
4.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Creative Craft Challenge wants us to use dies/punches
 

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautifull card! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, what a wee darling card!! Oh wow, just soooo darn cute! Thank you for joining us at Crafting By Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cute!! The raccoons are adorable and what a great sketch!
    Thank you so much for playing along this month at my Crafty Wednesday Challenge!
    Ellie
    "Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. Love the sentiment and those raccoons are just adorable. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. That pair of raccoons really caught my eye...they sure are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your design - that die is so sweet.

    Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails