Saturday, May 19, 2018

Get Well Bouquet

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog on this 3rd Saturday in May.
 
It is royal wedding day. Prince Harry and Megan Markle were married today in Windsor Castle. It was on much to early for me so I set the DVR and watched when I awoke at 8:00 am. She was such a beautiful bride and I loved the ceremony. They had an American Bishop deliver a sermon and then the marriage ceremony performed by an Anglican minister.
 
Such a fairy tale come true for Megan. She marries into British royalty in a marriage that was approved by the Queen. Something as Americans that we don't quite understand but nonetheless it is fascinating to us. 
 
The only thing I really didn't like was the media commenting more than once about the A-list Hollywood celebrities that were in attendance. I didn't really care that George Clooney and his wife or Oprah were in attendance. I am not a big fan of the out of touch Hollywood crowd.
 
But, anyway it was nice to view the wedding and I wish the new couple years of happiness. o let's move onto my card for today.
 
This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring the Mom's Garden Bouquet die and I created a get well card. I never seem to have any of this type of card on hand when I need one. And, this die has such pretty flowers that it will brighten anyone's day.  So let's get started with some details on how I created my project.

Step 1: I started my card by choosing my layout. This sketch is an older one from Splitcoaststampers. I thought it would work well to show off the floral image, allow me to use  patterned paper and possibly some ribbon.
Step 2: Once the layout was decided on, I chose my card colors. I found this floral patterned paper in my stash and that determined my card colors. 
Vanilla Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Baja Breeze Layer 1: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Springtime Vintage Designer Paper Layer 2: 3 7/8" x 2 1/2"
Vanilla Embossed Layer 3: 2 7/8" x 4 1/8"
Always Artichoke Oval Layer 4: 4th largest oval die
Vanilla Oval Layer 5: 4th largest stitched oval die


 Step 3: I cut the pieces in the garden bouquet. Used a rose red, saffron (light yellow) and sugarplum cardstocks for my flowers. Used Ranger multi medium matte to secure.
 I assembled the bouquet in the pitcher according to the packaging photo.
 Then attached it to the oval using dimensional adhesive.
 Step 4: Now that all the elements of my card are cut, I am ready to start card assembly.
 Attached the panels using double sided tape.
 I decided to go with ribbon and used this baja breeze pleated ribbon
Attached the oval panel using dimensional adhesive on the top and bottom of the oval. This way it will sit evenly on the ribbon.
For my sentiment, I decided to use the "feel better" phrase from the "Ouch with Tooth" die. I cut it in rose red cardstock 2x to give it a bit more dimension. Used the multi medium matte to attach to bottom of card. To complete I cut a few of the flower centers and added to the top of my card. 
 
And, that's it for me for this post. Hope your weekend is a great one. So, until next time.........God bless!!!
 
dies I used to create card:




I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Friends has a "B" is for....challenge. Mine is a bouquet and baja breeze paper.
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
3Kitty Bee Designs has a Mom/feminine challenge.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… good luck in the draw and please join us next time.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!
    Nice to see your DIY tutorial!
    Thanks for playing along in our B is for challenge over at the craftyfriendsblog.
    Linda DT-CF

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails