Saturday, March 31, 2018

Stitched Flowers for Mom

 Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today with the Charmed Life Blog.

It's a beautiful sunny Saturday here in Pittsburgh and the day before Easter. After church service tomorrow, we are planning a family dinner. Really looking forward to the time we will have together.

I am busy today with finishing up my cleaning and then the dinner prep. But, I wanted to get this card posted that I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. So lets get started with the details on how I created this project.

Step 1: Since this is a floral card for Mom, I wanted the flowers to be in bright Spring colors. So I used daffodil delight, pink and purple for my flowers and  wild wasabi green for my stems.
 
 Once the stitched flowers and leaves were cut, I arranged them on my patterned paper. The paper is from a collection that matches the wasabi green cardstock.  I wanted the flowers curved a bit for depth so I used a bone folder to curl up the edges. I attached flowers with dimensional adhesive.
Patterned Paper Panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
 Step 2: Cut my Mom Phrase from the Stitched Alphabet die with purple cardstock.
 I tried placing the letters across the bouquet but the colors just blended in too much with the flowers. And, because I curled the flowers I could see I was going to have difficulty attaching it here. The next option was to place it at the bottom of the patterned paper. I like the look of it placed there.
Step 3: To complete my card I attached the image panel to a wasabi cardstock base. It is a match for the patterned paper and I thought it looked better than using vanilla.
Wasabi Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
 
  Well that's it for me for this post. I hope you have a wonderful Easter. Until next time.......God bless.
 
Dies used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedflowers.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedalphabet.aspx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails