Saturday, March 24, 2018

Easter Sunrise

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in March.
 
We had a snowstorm earlier this week with about 7" of snow once it was all over. It's still really cold here but the sun has been shining and the snow is melting fairly quick. The days are definitely longer. I noticed the other night at 7:45 it was still light outside.
Hard to believe that March is almost over and next weekend is Easter.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. So lets get started with the details on how I created my card.

Step 1: I had this idea brewing in my head for awhile about sponging a sunrise with hills, the cross and the Easter Phrase. I wasn't real sure of how I was going to accomplish all of this but I think it worked out well the way I created my card.

I started by sponging my white cardstock with distress inks. I used hello honey, abandoned coral oxide and wilted violet oxide. I just purchased a few of these oxide inks and they sponge on so smoothly. I really like them. Now I can see why the team loves them so.
Card Panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
 
Step 2: I was going to create a slope for my hill and then I decided to use the rock die from the "under the sea" collection. I cut two of them with some soft suede patterned paper. I re-sized them by cutting off of the bottom to create my hills. Just another way to get more mileage out of the dies that you already own.
 Step 3: Now for the cross, I just used a stamp I had in my collection and stamped with the help of my MISTI in soft suede ink. I centered the cross in between the slops of the hills. Attached the hills to the sponged sunrise panel. Sponged a bit more of the coral and violet inks to get the color a bit more vibrant.
 Step 4: The Happy Easter phrase was just a bit to big to fit this panel so I snipped off the Happy part. Just the word Easter seemed to fit the sunrise background I created.
 Step 5: I wanted to layer this image panel on a violet background but I had no cardstock that color. So I took a piece of white cardstock and sponged the outer edges with the wilted violet oxide ink. Now I had the perfect color panel. Attached to the image panel and then attached to my coral card base.
Violet Layering Panel: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Coral Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Step 6: I decided to do a little finish work on the inside of this card. I added several eggs and some of the flowers that are part of the Happy Easter Phrase die.
Well that's it for me for this post. Have a great weekend and hope you find some time to get crafty. So until next time.......God bless!
 
Dies I used to create card:



 
I am also entering:
1:  Sweet Stampers has an Easter/Spring challenge.
2.  Brown Sugar Challenge is Spring or Easter
3.  Cut It Up has an Easter challenge.
4.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Moving Along with the Times has an Easter challenge.




6 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunrise is fabulous! Glad your card turned out the way you pictured it! :)

    Thanks for sharing your creation with us for our Easter challenge at Cut it Up! and Happy Easter!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Easter card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...the background is gorgeous! What a beautiful Easter card!
    Hope things are warming up a bit for you and wishing you a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background is wonderful. Thanks for joining the challenges of polkadoodles.
    Mónica GT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schöner Hintergrund, tolle Karte. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei der Sweet Stampers Challenge. LG Karina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails