Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Butterfly Hugs

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
It was another day of kitchen time for me, harvesting from our garden. Didn't get to all that I wanted to today but there is always tomorrow. I did get 2 loaves of zucchini bread baked. I also harvested our basil and made pesto.
 
I served the pesto with some sweet corn, burrrata & basil ravioli and a tossed salad. I picked up the ravioli at Trader Joe's. They are a delicious blend of ricotta and burrata cheese and my pesto complimented them well.
Tomorrow I plan on roasting tomatoes to turn into a tomato puree. I will freeze these rather than do a water bath. I like to roast the tomatoes with onion, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. They make a great base for a marinara sauce.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This is a card that I created for the DTGD challenges on Splitcoaststampers. They are challenges that are designed for people that join the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club. So when a challenge is posted, it's in the fan club area of the site. We aren't supposed to reveal the details of each challenge.
 
Joanne was our hostess for DTGD17sleepyinseattle. I used several different dies to create my card. The island indigo stitched doily is from CottageCutz. I layered my butterfly on the doily that is cut with Stampin'-Up Venetian Romance dsp and butterfly die.

Added the hugs word cut in daffodil delight to this panel. My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up gingham garden collection. That completes this card and this post. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:  
Paper: daffodil delight, island indigo, gingham garden & venetian romance dsp (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper Size: A2  
Accessories: butterfly thinlits, daffodil delight ribbon (Stampin-Up), stitched doily (CottageCutz), hugs die (MFT)yellow pearls (Darice)  
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Paper Minutes Challenge #500 is anything goes
2.  Retarte #104 has an anything goes challenge
3.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #64 has an anything goes challenge

4 comments:

  1. Very cool color combi! I love the 3-d-effect of the butterfly. Thanks for showing it for the 500. paperminutes-challenge.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bonita tarjeta. Me encanta el combo de color y cómo decoraste la mariposa.
    Gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte#104
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been very busy making yummy delights! Great colour scheme and layout for your card. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails