Monday, March 27, 2017

Easter Bunny & Chicks

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
Can you believe it's already the last week in March? Easter will be here in just about 3 weeks. Have you started making your Easter or Spring cards yet?
 
I have made a few but still need a few more. So today I am featuring an Easter card that would be quite easy to put together quickly. By changing the colors and background designer paper it could give it a different look.
 
Check out this post for another that I made. I added clouds and grass and used other designer paper.
 
So here are some details on how I created this card:
Chocolate Chip Card Base: 5 5/8" x 4 3/8" (used hinge technique to get this size- see instructions for this technique here:
Peekaboo Peach layer: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
designer paper layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
white image panel: 2 7/8" x 3 1/2"
I used the colors from the Color Challenge #626 on Splitcoaststampers. Pam was our hostess and she chose so saffron, cucumber crush and peekaboo peach for her color trio. Optional was to use spring flowers.
so saffron cucumber crush peekaboo peach
I used an older MojoMonday #488 sketch. The layout allows the background paper to be seen nicely.

My designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "fruit stand collection". And it has tulips on it so the option is covered.
The cute bunny and chicks are from CottageCutz. It's part of the new Spring release - the Easter Bunny & Chicks die. Cut him in peekaboo peach. And his bow in cucumber crush. The chicks are in so saffron with a peach wing. These dies are on sale right now. Check it out here.

My sentiment is from a Great Impressions stamp. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to place it on 2 lines and also to stamp at an angle. To finish off the card I added some Stampin'-Up enamel dots in the cucumber crush color.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. Until next time.........God bless.
 
Card details:
Stamps: Some Bunny Loves You (Great Impressions Stamps)  
Paper: chocolate chip, peekaboo peach, so saffron, cucumber crush, whisper white, fruit stand dsp (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper Size: A2
Ink: chocolate chip
Accessories: Easter Bunny & Chicks die (CottageCutz), enamel dots (Stampin'-Up), Flag Stax die (MFT)
 
Dies I used: 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzeasterbunnyandchicks.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Addicted to Stamps Challenge #144 is Easter.
2.  Come and Get It has a spring time challenge.
3.  My Time To Craft has a woodland animals or Easter challenge.
 

3 comments:

  1. A very cute bunny card. Thanks for joining our Springtime Come And Get It challenge, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Mary and those bunnie dies are sooooo cute <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails