Monday, January 2, 2017

~O Come, All Ye Faithful~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Well today is my last day of vacation as Pre-School resumes tomorrow. I am anxious to see the kids and get back to our school routine. It might be a bit of a rough day for some of them since we were off school for 11 days.
 
The weather is expected to be warmer tomorrow so we may even be able to go outside to our play area for a bit of exercise. They like getting out for 15 minutes or so and it helps break up the day for them.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another of my Christmas cards. I have a couple more to post so I hope you will hang in there with me. I have shown several of these cards that I made from Christmas cards that I received last year and created a new card. You can see the other ones here, here, and here.  
 
I used a friend's template from Just For Fun Stamps to cut the image in 4 pieces and used some postage stamp scissors for a fancy edge.

In addition to the template for cutting your image, my friend also has this faux postage background stamp that stamps a background for your images once they are cut. It's also from JFF Stamps.

We were together in the summer and our stamp group brought some Christmas cards to try this technique out. I layered the image with elegant eggplant cardstock. I used some silver striped designer paper that I found in my stash from Making Memories. I thought it matched nicely with the image.

Used a MFT die to cut the paper ribbon and bow in elegant eggplant cardstock. Layered these panels on silver cardstock for my base and that completed this card.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: faux postage template (Just For Fun Stamps)   
Paper: Silver, elegant eggplant (Stampin-Up), Stardust Strip silver paper (Making Memories)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: blueprints 3 die (MFT), postage edge scissors (ProveCraft)
 
I am also entering:
1.  A Bit More Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge.
2.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge
3.  Card Mania has a layer it up challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my this is super gorgeous. I love it. Just such lovely work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful Mary! I love the silver sections with the pretty image :) Have a great week with your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very festive and elegant. I love the image.
    Thanks so much for joining us in Card mania challenge!
    Dess ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.
    Melanie DT for href="http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...">http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card and great idea for pieces. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for playing along with CardMania

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails