Saturday, January 28, 2017

Love Postage Valentine

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life blog. It was a cold and blustery day today here in Pittsburgh.
 
But, I stayed indoors and had a little girl from our church over for a craft day. She is only 8 but so interested in learning how to stamp. And, she loves die-cuts just like her teacher. We managed to make 3 cards for Valentine's Day. It was a fun day and she already wants to come back to make some shaker cards.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
I started my card by using this weeks sketch #629 from Splitcoaststampers. Using a sketch most always is a good starting point for me. When I saw the square blocks in this one I thought the love postage dies would work perfectly.
 
Black Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Red CardstockLayer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Sending Love Designer Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

Once I chose my card colors, I decided to use the designer paper because it has the same dotted lines and hearts as on the bear in the envelope. And for the wavy border on the sketch I am using red ribbon. After the picture was taken, I added the licorice twine.

 
My next step was to stamp my bear image. I stamped multiples just in case I wasn't happy with how  I colored him. I used both Prismacolor pencils and Copic markers for my coloring. This "Sweet Valentine" stamp set also has matching dies. I also cut the Love Postage images.

 
Finished the assembly of my card. Once it was done, I thought the ribbon and twine needed something so I added a bow. I used my bow-easy tool. The name does just what it says- makes bow tying really easy. 
Here is a close -up photo of the dies and bear image.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovepostage.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsweetvalentinesstampanddie.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting with DragonFlies has a valentine's card challenge.
2.  Hiding in my CraftRoom has an any holiday challenge. Mine is Valentine's Day.
3.  Really Reasonable Ribbon has a pink or red challenge with ribbon.
4.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge is love/valentines/anniversary
 

6 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful card! The ribbon is so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet that was a fun day. Lovely ribbon and use of your dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I love the card design. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this dramatic card, it's really striking! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card! So clean and pretty down to the last detail!! I love how you creatively added your ribbon and twine!! Superb job! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us over at the RRR challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute images and love those Copics!Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our first challenge in 2017. Hope to see you back for more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails