Monday, December 26, 2016

~Season's Greetings~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. We had a wonderful Christmas celebration with my sons and their families. I was able to finish all my preparations on time and enjoy the days we had together.
 
I am going to relax for a few days since I have a week off from pre-school and my hubby is also on vacation. So, for the next several days, I will be showing some of the cards I made for Christmas.
 
On this card I used the layout from the sketch challenge #622 on Splitcoaststampers. Cathy was the hostess and she gave us a great sketch to work with. I was finishing up my Christmas cards so this helped me create another one.

On this card I recycled a Christmas card I received last year and created a new card. I used a friend's template from Just For Fun Stamps to cut the image in 4 pieces and used some postage stamp scissors for a fancy edge.

In addition to the template for cutting your image, my friend also has this faux postage background stamp that stamps a background for your images once they are cut. It's also from JFF Stamps.

We were together in the summer and our stamp group brought some Christmas cards to try this technique out.

I recently found 6 of these recycled cards in my stash and decided to complete them to send out.  I thought the rectangular layout would work for this sketch.

So I layered the image with real red cardstock. I used some soft suede designer paper from Stampin'-Up that I thought fit well with the horse color.

Used a die to cut the paper ribbon and bow and added some snowflakes that I found laying on my work table. the sentiment is a set from a Stampin'-Up Paper Pumpkin kit from November 2015.
 
That's it for me for this post. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Lnd for another day. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: faux postage template (Just For Fun Stamps), mistletoe & holly (Stampin'-Up November 2015 Paper Pumpkin Kit)  
Paper: whisper white, real red, christmas cocoa dsp (Stampin'-Up
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: Blueprints 3 (MFT), snowglobe accessories(CottageCutz)
 
I am also entering:
1.  Cards In Envy has a celebrate the season challenge.
2Dream Valley Challenges has a Christmas challenge.
3.  Come and Get It Challenge is all about Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Love this Mary! The way you did the beautiful background is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card sketch and beautiful card. Love how you interpreted it. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It challenges this Christmas season. Hope to see you back here again soon. Happy New Years Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails