Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Peace~Love~Joy

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. It's a busy time of year for everyone and I do appreciate your visit. Well it's only 4 days until Christmas. I have stuff to do but not really a lot.
 
I am cleaning today and hopefully will get to my gift wrapping. I also have to get to the grocery store because my sweet little Phoenix Daisy will come in tonight along with her parents.of course (lol)! They get in around 11:30 pm so I have all day to finish what I want to do.
 
Before I start my chores, I wanted to post one of my Christmas cards. This was one I made using the colors from Color Challenge #612 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she chose cherry cobbler, pool party and mossy meadow for her color trio. Optional is to have some snow on your card. I am using basic gray and silver as my neutrals this week.
cherry cobbler pool party mossy meadow
 My bells and holly are dies from CottageCutz. I cut the bells in silver and then sponged in basic gray to give them a bit of a vintage look. I thought my designer paper had that vintage look to it. This paper is from the Stampin’-Up “epic day this and that collection”. It’s a pool party background with touches of basic gray. I layered this panel with basic gray cardstock.

My sentiment is from the Stampin’-Up “all year cheer” set. I sponged pool party and a bit of basic gray on whisper white cardstock and then stamped the sentiment in cherry cobbler ink. I used a toothbrush and flicked on white acrylic paint. I am counting this as my snow for dessert. Used the CottageCutz stitched rounded rectangles to cut it out.

To finish off my card I added some holly in the corner and then touched each holly berry with some glossy accents. Well, my friends, that's it for me for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchristmashollybells.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=stitched+rounded+rectangles
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful Mary! Love the bells and holly. The dimension they create looks so real! Wishing you and your Family a Blessed and Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails