Tuesday, September 1, 2015

~Life ~ Breaths~ Moments

 
Happy September Blogger friends! I can't believe we are now in the last quarter of 2015. I think the year has whizzed on by us like a drop in the bucket.
This quarter is certainly my favorite time of the year with fall, thanksgiving, Christmas and then of course I have a September birthday.
 
Now, I am thinking on preserving the garden bounty. I will be going to help my daughter-in-law on Thursday with her first canning adventure. I have the pot, jars and accessories. She certainly has the skill to do this just not the equipment. And, it will be fun working together in the kitchen. We do that well.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another that I made for the DTGD challenges on Splitcoaststampers. Edna wanted us to use 4 different stamps to create our background and Kathleen wanted us to make a masculine card.
 
To create my background I used several stamps: Great Impressions' distressed background, Stampin'-Up's gorgeous grunge, Verve's text objects.

Stamped in Bermuda bay, tangerine and baked brown sugar. On the striped portion I used my SU markers to get all 3 colors.

My sentiment is from the wedding silhouettes collection by Artful Inkables. The feathers are a set from Stampin'-Up. I really like the feather images in this set. To complete my card I tied the feathers with thread and added some bermuda bay sequins.
 
Well, it's time to close this post. I have lots to do in my kitchen today. We are going to a friend's home to have a meal together, and I am bringing the main course. They have a toddler so this will make it easier on them.
 
Until next time........God bless.
 
Card details:
Stamps: distressed background (K94- Great Impressions Stamps), four feathers & gorgeous grunge (Stampin'-Up), text objects (Verve), wedding silhouettes (Artful Inkables) 
Paper: bermuda bay, whisper white Paper Size: A2 
Ink: bermuda bay, tangerine tango, baked brown sugar 
Accessories: feather framelits (Stampin'-Up), bermuda bay sequins & thread  
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes challenge.  
2.  Craft Your Passion has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Crafty CardMakers has a no patterned paper challenge.
4.  Get Creative Challenges has a no printed paper challenge.
5.  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to use a trio of colors.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation lovely detail and design.
    Thank you for sharing at CCM&M.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the gorgeous feathers! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Mary!! I like the Colors and the way you did the background. Perfect to go with the feathers!! Have fun canning with your dil!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful sentiment for a beautiful card.

    Thanks for sharing in my No Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails