Wednesday, September 2, 2015

~We Give Thanks~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
We are in the middle of another wave of heat here in Pittsburgh. The last 4 days it has been 85° and higher. Love it, and I also know it won't last.
 
We also have not had rain for a couple of weeks. The high heat and lack of rain is causing some of our tomatoes to split. Then the bugs get in them. Although, we are getting a lot of tomatoes and my hubby has been picking them as soon as they are ripe. We have lost a few though.
 
Today, I am going to roast the latest batch and then freeze them. I will have them available as a base whenever I am making something with tomatoes. Roasted tomatoes are so delicious. If you haven't tried it, you should. Here is a link to the recipe I use.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made as a sample for Color Challenge #544 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was the hostess and she chose wisteria wonder, so saffron, calypso coral as her color trio.
 
I thought the color trio might make a nice Thanksgiving card so I decided to use a window die and create an outdoor scene.

I sponged calypso coral and so saffron inks on the background and then used the scenic selections" stamp set from MFP for my fall scene.

For the window inside, I used Stampin'-Up designer paper to create a wall paper look and for the chair rail I used so saffron ribbon. My window is cut in wisteria wonder.
 
Added some die cut pumpkins from an Impression Obsession die. The bow at the top of the window is from the Stampin'-Up wreath framelits. I finished by stamping my sentiment directly on the window. I used my Misti tool for placement.
 
Well, my friends it's time to make this a wrap for today. I have lots to do today and then tonight I am meeting some of my friends for dinner. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: scenic selections (MFP), we give thanks (PSX) 
Paper: calypso coral, ww, wisteria wonder, so saffron, crumb cake dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: calypso coral, so saffron, chocolate chip 
Accessories: grand madison window die (Poppy Stamps), wondrous wreath thinlits , so saffron ribbon,(Stampin'-Up)  pumpkin die (Impession Obsession) 
Techniques: sponging

I am also entering:
1.  Retro Rubber Challenge - anything goes. Stamp has to be 1+ yrs or older. Both are at least 4 yrs.
2.  Incy Wincy Designs is anything goes.
3.  Ooh La La has a signs of autumn challenge.
4.  Crafty Friends wants us to use a sentiment.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card - I love the idea of using a window with a scene - perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I did roasted tomatoes for my husband the other day based on your inspiration and he loved them. Will definitely do that again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Autumn sunset, what a super card to share with us thos week at OohLaLa, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful fall scene outside your window! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Friends.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fall card..in unusual colours :)
    Thanks for joining our "use a sentiment" challenge at Crafty Friends, hope to see you soon, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary - your card is very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scene you created. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the mini scene. The frame is lovely..converting that die LOL. Thanks for playing at retro rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This color combo rocks! I loooove making cards with window elements! This is so pretty and fun, thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails