Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Splitcoaststampers DTGD Challenges

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life. We are planning a kitchen update. No new cabinets because we think ours are fine. They are oak and still in very good shape.
 
Our plan is to get new countertops, back splash, floor and appliances. There is wallpaper in our kitchen that is coming down,  and we will paint. We have our first contractor coming tomorrow to give us a bid.
 
We aren't sure about what material to get for the countertops. Didn't really want to spend the money for granite. Thinking maybe Corian but no decision there yet. We will be looking for recommendations from the contractor.
 
I am excited that by Thanksgiving I should have an updated kitchen- whoo hoo!!! I have been talking about doing this for 3 years now. So seeing a dream of mine come to fruition is exciting for me.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for a couple of challenges on Splitcoaststampers. The color challenge #541 and Dini's "Dare To Get Dirty" challenge. This last challenge is a week of inspiring challenges to celebrate those of us who help support Splitcoaststampers through the Fan Club.
 
In previous years, this has typically been our vacation week so I wasn't able to participate. But, this year we went in July so I am enjoying what this elite Design Team is challenging us with.
 
Can't really give the specifics of the challenge because you have to be a Fan Club Member. But, there is till time to join and then you get to play along. Check it all out here.
 
To create the background on my card, I used glossy cardstock and sponged mint macaron, tip top taupe and rose red inks. I then misted the cardstock with iridescent gold glimmer mist. My card colors are from CC541
 
rose red, mint macaron, tip top taupe
 
 I cut a flourish with a Cheery Lynn Designs die in mint macaron and added a couple of Memory Box Chloe Stems cut in rose red. My "hello" word is cut with an MFT die. Finished off my card with a die cut butterfly and added a few rhinestones.
 
That's my card for today so until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: mint macaron, rose red cs & dsp, kromekote glossy cardstock 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: mint macaron, tip top taupe, rose red 
Accessories: happy hello die (MFT), fancy flourish (Cheery Lynn Designs), chloe stems (Memory Box), butterfly die (Elizabethe Crafts), rhinestones, glimmer mist (Tattered Angels) 
Techniques: sponging  
 
I am also entering: 
1. Crafting From The Heart has an anything goes challenge.
2The Paper Girls has a large letters challenge. My "hello" word is using large letters.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary, I really love the way you did the background! The way you used the colors makes a wonderful summery feel! Congrats on you kitchen, sounds lovely! Thats my dream to be able to redo mine too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! thanks so much for joining us at the PaperGirls!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails