Tuesday, August 11, 2015

~Cheers~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Happy Tuesday to you all and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
 
Well, the card making frenzy is over at Splitcoaststampers. I wasn't able to get a card made for all 40 challenges but I did manage 23 of them.
We were able to combine challenges and in the end that's what I started to do. I had grand plans when the challenges started but life has priorities you know - even with card makers (lol)!!!
 
This card I am showing today hit a couple of those challenges plus a few more. I was pleased with how this one turned out. Over on the MFT Blog they are having a summer school and the lesson was on design repetition.
 
I knew that I wanted to do a stenciled background for my card and also for one of DTGD challenges so this lesson and homework was perfect for me. I used a dots stencil from Stampin'-Up and the colors from the SCS color challenge.
 
Maura is our hostess this week and she chose basic gray, bermuda bay and lucky limeade as her color palette.
 
bermuda bay, basic gray, lucky limeade
 
I secured my stencil onto my white cardstock and using sponge daubers started sponging my ink. I really like how the background turned out so I guess my homework assignment was a success (lol)!
 
Used the MojoMonday layout on this card but I took a little creative license with it. Instead of 2 circles I used one and substituted the coffee cup as the 2nd circle. Used the MFT flag stax to cut a flag and the celebratory greetings die for my cheers word.
 
 

Well, Blogger friends that's my card for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: bermuda bay, whisper white, basic gray Paper Size: A2 
Ink: basic gray, bermuda bay, lucky limeade 
Accessories: perk-up, flag stax & celebratory greetings dies (MFT), circle dies (Spellbinders), circle mask (Stampin'-Up)  
 
I am also entering: 
1.  MFT Summer School - repetition challenge
2.  Try it on Tuesday has a stencil challenge.
3.  Crafting from the Heart has an anything goes challenge

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic fresh design! Super!
    Thank you for sharing with us at TIOT's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, the colours are super, thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design, thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails