Sunday, July 5, 2015

~God Bless the USA~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed life Blog.
 
We had a great 4th of July weekend. Hubby & I did get to see our community fireworks on Saturday night. They were quite spectacular.
 
Then today we were invited to a friend's home for a backyard cookout after church. It was a very nice and peaceful afternoon. They have a pool but the water was a bit chilly because of all the rain we have had. It didn't stop the kids from jumping in the water and playing.
 
Our friend had some roasted corn on the cob. It was so delicious. He has a smoker grill and used an apple smoked wood along with the charcoal. So all in all it was a great day spent with friends.   
 
Now onto my card for today. This is one I made to send to my brother for the July 4th holiday to thank him for his military service. He is an army veteran.
 
I used the Flourishes set "patriotism on parade" and the set has this silhouette plus the same images in an outline stamp.

Stamped the silhouette image and then stamped the outline image for the 2 flags. I colored the tiny flags in real red and navy and popped them up over the flags on the silhouette image. This covers the stripes portion of the SCS WT challenge.

My fireworks are from a stamp by Great Impressions and stamped in real red ink. The added stars are from the Verve scalloped trio die. I used this die and cut a border in marina mist to ground my silhouette image. 
 
Well that's my card for today. It's tiem to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: patriotism on parade (Flourishes), fireworks (Great Impressions Stamps) 
Paper: night of navy, marina mist, whisper white 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: real red, night of navy 
Accessories: scalloped trim trio die (Verve) Techniques: paper tole

I am also entering:
1.  SCS WT #537 Challenge is stars & stripes.
2.  DL. Art has a red, white and blue challenge.

2 comments:

  1. That's a perfect card for Independence Day! The fireworks must have been an awesome scene. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your patriotic card, the sihouettes are so cute, it looks like a parade.. thanks for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #159, Red, White and Blue. I am your newest follower. I hope you will follow me to. Have a blessed day DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails