Tuesday, July 7, 2015

~Balloon Birthday Greetings~

 
Happy Tuesday!! Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Well, we had rain again yesterday and more rain in forecast for the next 10 days. I am not complaining but all the rain has played havoc with the garden, and we have lost some potted flowers because they got too water logged.
One of them was a pretty verbena that one of my pre-school students gave me. It was doing so well then 2 weeks of rain was just too much for it.
 
I heard from my son and daughter-in-law yesterday about their expected arrival in Pittsburgh. She is in Boston now visiting her parents and will be here on July 22.
I am so excited to see them. My son gets in on July 24 and they will be here until July 27. We have a family reunion on July 25th. It will be fun to have them here for that this year.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #538 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki is our hostess and she chose island indigo, melon mambo and sahara sand as her color combo.
sahara sand, melon mambo, island indigo
 

Our option this week is stripes. I used them in one of my stamped balloons. Somehow, I got the option mixed up and thought it was to make a birthday card. But, it all worked out in the end (lol)!!!
 
For my card, I used the MFT "party balloons" stamp set and matching die-namics. My inspiration came from this card I had pinned on Pinterest.

My melon mambo background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up `sweet taffy" collection. The sahara sand frame is another MFT die as is the island indigo arrow and the pierced indigo band. I used mounting foam on the frame for added dimension.

The balloons are stamped in melon mambo and island indigo inks on sahara sand card stock. I also used mounting foam on the balloons for dimension.

The mambo ink looks darker on the sahara sand cardstock. Maybe because I just used my new Misti to get a solid image, and there are more layers of ink. Love this new toy and it works just as marvelously as everyone says it does.

I stamped my birthday sentiment in island indigo. The sentiment is from a set I received in the Dec 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin'-Up.  
 
Well, it's time to close this post. I have a few errands today. One of them is to go to Penney's to look for new curtains for my bedroom. My hubby painted it a couple of months ago and it's time to finish off the room. I have had a new Comforter set for over a year but it didn't come with matching curtains.
 
So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Paper Pumpkin 2014, party balloons (MFT) 
Paper: sahara sand, melon mambo, island indigo, sweet taffy dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: melon mambo, island indigo 
Accessories: Spellbinders Matting Basics A & B, insta-frame, party balloons, lead the way, blueprints 3 die-namics (MFT), Misti  

I am also entering:
1.  Craftin' Desert Divas has a birthday linky party.
2.  Crafty CardMakers has a sentiment challenge.
3.  Jo's Scrap Shack has an anything goes.

12 comments:

  1. Mary your card is wonderful! I love the polaroid and the balloons are really great! Thanks for playing with us at CCD Linky Party! Hope you had fun!
    Ciocioscrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful! So bright and cheery, love how you layered the balloons! ! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our "Sentiment" challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send some rain to us! I like how the balloons appear to pop out of the opening on your card front. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this totally appeals to my style! Those colours are gorgeous together. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute card! Thank you for sharing over at Craftin Desert Diva's Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Mary!! I love the way you did the layers with the balloons popped up over them. Really looks like they are floating! Great use of the colors too :) Gosh we have been extra dry here, our plants are dying from the heat, we need to trade LOL. So exciting to know your son and family will be there soon. What fun to share time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute card :) Thanks for playing in the challenge at Jo's Funday Friday challenges :)
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH Mary! This is such a Fabulous Card! LOVE the design & colors! So Fun! Thanks for joining us over at Craftin Desert Divas! :)

    Theresa (CDD DT)
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, and a beautiful bright colour scheme - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card! Thank you for sharing on our slinky party at Craftin Desert Diva's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE, CUTE card, Mary!!! Thanks for linking up to Craftin Desert Divas Birthday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, I saw your card on Craftin Desert a Divas blog and just had to come by for a closer look. It's absolutely stunning, and I love this cool color combo, too. Super cute, Mary! I'll be back to peek again. By the way, you're always most welcome to play along w us at a Word Art Wednesday. Each week is Anything Goes w lots of great prizes. I'd LOVE to gave you share your talents w us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails