Thursday, July 30, 2015

~ Cup of Cheer~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
I sent my son, daughter-in-law and precious granddaughter back home. We had a wonderful visit and I miss them already. The house is so quiet. But, on a happier note, I go out there in October to take care of her while Mom and Dad attend a wedding in Cape Cod.
 
Phoenix Daisy kept me going from morning until night. We had some special moments together. I took her to the farm one day to pick blueberries. She really liked that. And, now I have some of that delicious fruit in my freezer to be eaten on a cold, wintry day.
 
Our family reunion was a lot of fun. Phoenix Daisy got to meet some of her cousins and had such fun playing all day and into the night with them. I won the corn hole tournament with one of my brothers as a partner. In my family, that gives you bragging rights until the next reunion (lol)!!!
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another one I made for the SCS color challenge 540. Peggy was our hostess and she chose crushed curry, smoky slate and tempting turquoise. 

For this card I used this week’s MOJO407 sketch for my layout. I needed a card of encouragement for a friend and she likes coffee.
 


 My coffee mug is a die from MFT. I embossed the coffee cozy with a folder from Darice in smoky slate.

My “sending” word is a die from Simon Says Stamp cut in tempting turquoise. The “cup of cheer” sentiment is a stamp set that came in this month’s Stampin’-Up Paper Pumpkin kit.

The background designer paper is from the Stampin’-Up collections- "Flashback and Flowerpot". I used the MFT chevron stripes die to join the 2 panels. Added a couple of die cut hearts to complete the sketch and my card. 
 
Well that's it for me for today. Time to get busy with my household chores. Need to get the house back in order now that my family is gone.
 
So until next time..........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: thanks a latte (Paper Pumpkin Kit July 2015) 
Paper: Crushed Curry, tempting turquoise, ww, smoky slate, Flashback and Flowerpot dsp (SU) Paper Size: A2 Ink: tempting turquoise 
Accessories: Sending die (Simon Says Stamp), perk up, chevron stripes dies (MFT), circle dies (Spellbinders), hearts ef (Darice),   

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used on this fun coffee card Mary - and all the fun die cuts! Sounds like you had a great family time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color combo, Mary, and I love all the cute dies you used...this is such a cute coffee themed card!!!! I'm glad you were able to get together with family this summer...there is nothing better than having Grands running around the house!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails